SOS Employment Group
Updated: Jan 14 2013
||Facilities Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, autocad
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$70k+, depending on experience
||Vicksburg, MS, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
SOS Employment Group has partnered with a leading provider of Oil & Gas equipment to identify candidates for an Industrial Engineer in the Vicksburg, MS area. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity that includes a full benefits package and relocation (if needed).
This position designs, develops, implements, and validates integrated systems and industrial production processes including human work factors, quality assurance, inventory control, material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination. Responsibilities may include training employees, proposing and implementing layout changes, applying Lean manufacturing principles and tools, and identifying problems and removing or minimizing waste and variation.
To apply, please reply to this posting with a current resume and yearly salary requirements for immediate consideration.
- Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry.
- Strives for continuous improvement in worker safety and is dedicated to ensuring that each employee understands, and acts in accordance with, the company's HSE policies.
- Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Drafts and designs layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximize effectiveness using drafting tools and computer with a high level of employee involvement.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities, such as standardization of raw materials, improves manufacturability, eliminates / reduces non-value adding activities, and drives process changes to improve quality.
- Develops manufacturing methods, labor utilization improvements, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Plans and establishes sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization and standardization.
- Applies statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Confers with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Recommends methods for reducing various types of waste through reducing lead times, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university preferred; or three years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Excel and AutoCAD (or Solid Works/ProE).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Previous implementation experience with Lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Previous experience in implementing "outside the box" process improvements.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available