Modec International, Inc.
Updated: Dec 6 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. We have an immediate opening for a Marine Mechanical Engineer at our Houston office.
- Design marine piping diagram in E/R and cargo system, IG system on main deck.
- Familiar with Instrumentation.
- Define specification of pipe & valve material, based on related codes from ANSI, ASTM, etc.
- Define specification of marine machinery such as pump, diesel engine, boiler, heat exchanger, compressor and control valve.
- Engineering calculations such as friction loss, required pump head and heat balance, steam balance.
- Up to date with marine regulations such as Classification Rule, SOLAS, MARPOL and NFPA.
- Prepare purchasing specification and exercising Bid evaluation.
- Develop conceptual design for pipe routing and machinery arrangement.
- BS Degree in Engineering. Ten to Fifteen years relevant experience in specialized area or product line(s) or MS degree plus five to seven years' experience. PhD with one to two years.
MODEC International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available