MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending forecasted at approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Maintenance Manager reports to the Vice President of Bitumen Production and is accountable for all Bitumen Production Mill maintenance. The role will ensure a safe and environmentally sound operation from construction, through commissioning to start up and steady state operations of our Crushers, Conveyors, Ore Preparation process, Extraction process, Froth Treatment Process, Floatation Cells, Cyclones, Separation Cells and Tailings Pumps and Pipes. The position is responsible for developing a maintenance team of over 350 individuals to continuously improve processes, increase reliability and strengthen continuous improvement plans through the business unit. The role will require a hands on, proactive approach to ensure the Mill achieves its reliability target and that the integrity of the Mill is managed by quantifying and mitigating risks.
This is a high profile, senior management position with excellent potential for career development. As well as offering a definite challenge this role presents the opportunity to have a direct effect on business strategy, output and productivity and will gain exposure at a senior level across the company.
Utilize your combination of technical and management expertise to develop strategy and spearhead activity across a large team:
• Oversee and direct hiring activity, training and development and performance management across team
• Spearhead team activity and delegate and distribute workload to align activity with wider business objectives
• Ensure budgetary and scheduling targets are met
• Develop broader outlook and longer-term strategy
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory issues related to business area
• Lead and promote safety culture and safe operations within business area
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Be a Technical Expert in Crushers, Conveyors, Ore Preparation process, Extraction process, Froth Treatment Process, Floatation Cells, Cyclones, Separation Cells and Tailings Pumps and Pipes
• Realize, understand and implement successful maintenance philosophies, strategies, planning and scheduling
• Understand and deliver solutions on equipment failures, cross related maintenance, trend analysis, equipment reliability and availability
• Manage and own an annual maintenance budget of $100-150 Million
• Ensure all direct reports understand their budgets and manage them accordingly
• Develop a collaborative, proactive working relationship with the Operations Manager
• Continuously optimize maintenance to ensure Horizon meets production forecasts and targets
• Oversee maintenance of the Mill as per design specifications, budgets, and schedules
• Support Maintenance Leads to ensure required tools, equipment and resources are available
• Develop and implement short and long term business systems, plans and strategies
• Integrate maintenance requirements with Mining, Upgrading and Utilities Operations
• Maintain and review fulfillment of legislative and regulatory requirements
• Develop organizational support and implement design, construction, commissioning and start up for a multi-stage project
• Ensure Maintenance staff is fully trained and competent
• Provide leadership in the commissioning and start-up of the facilities and optimization of the ongoing Mill maintenance
• Deputise for the VP as required
• Typically 10+ years of related senior management experience with Technical Diploma, Trade Certificate or Engineering Degree
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Managing and developing a large team
o Managing a multi-million dollar budget
o Developing and executing short, medium and long-term maintenance plans
o Directing multi-disciplinary personnel in an operating environment with a proven track record of meeting targets, reducing costs and increasing reliability
o Ore Preparation, Extraction and Froth Treatment operations
o Lean Six Sigma
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
See Job Description
Employment Type: PERMANENT