M&H Energy Services
Updated: Jan 11 2013
||Technical Writing, Offshore, Subsea, Deepwater GOM, Technical Writing, White Papers, Process Map, Edit
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Senior Technical Writer will plan, outline and draft technical manuals and other publications that relate to M&H client's system operation and maintenance requirements. It will be their responsibility to edit edit and format documents to adhere to M&H and client style guides and standards.
This position requires 10 or more years of offshore, subsea (GOM Deepwater) Oil & Gas experience. This could include experience as an operator, maintenance technician, engineer, or supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Periodically provide discipline specific Subject Matter Expert (SME) consultancy to represent client project needs. Maintain comprehensive records and reports.
- Ensure technical accuracy of documents produced by others. May also edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or plant personnel.
- Ensure documents comply with applicable federal and state regulatory agency standards including but not exclusive of OSHA, EPA, BSEE, DOT/PHMSA and USCG.
- Demonstrates willingness to help others with the overall success of the project.
- Set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Maintains overall documentation records including creation, revisions, reviews and archival.
- Mentor less experienced colleagues
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Ten (10+) years of Offshore, sub-sea (GOM Deepwater) Oil & Gas experience
- Must have at least five years of professional technical writing experience.
- Good presentation/training/facilitation skills.
- Ability to develop fundamental to advanced instructions for operation, maintenance and theory of operation for upstream production and midstream clientele.
- Ability to support development of training modules and procedures based on fundamental to advanced operation, maintenance and theory of operation for upstream production and midstream clientele.
- Must possess strong integrated thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to convey information and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to adapt writing style to meet defined guidelines and standards.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work under time constraints and meet project deadlines
- Able to maintain strong attention to detail.
- MS Word and Excel 2010 required (Intermediate to advanced user) as well as PowerPoint and Visio.
M&H is an engineering and design firm specializing in the Oil & Gas industry. We are headquartered in Houston, TX with additional offices in Lafayette, LA.
Our Services Include:
- Structural; mechanical; process; electrical; instrumentation; and civil engineering
- Maintenance management solutions, including availability; reliability; supply chain/inventory optimization; data cleansing; and system design and implementation
- Corporate and regulatory compliance, including assessments, audits and implementation
- Technical documentation, including commissioning; start-up; operating; and maintenance procedures and training
- Information technology to bridge the gap between IT, compliance and operations
At M&H, we're about people. The type of people who are talented, responsible and seek rewarding careers. We encourage our employees to help us build a productive atmosphere of both personal and corporate growth. The result is outstanding career paths for our employees; the best possible service for our clients; and a strong company that represents trust, self-respect and integrity.
We trust our employees to achieve great things.
M&H provides its employees with many opportunities to develop their professional careers. We trust our employees to achieve great things and we work with them to create effective solutions for our clients, customers, communities and each other.
We help our employees succeed.
Understanding the importance of a work schedule to meet both your personal and professional goals is important to us. That's why we have designed certain positions with the flexibility to handle highly personalized routines. We wish to ensure your success - inside and outside of the office.
We encourage every member of our team to grow professionally, to seek out opportunities to learn about the newest technology, and to find ways to improve the experience we provide our clients. Above all, we want everyone to take pride in accomplishing something that goes beyond the completion of a project. It's a job done the right way.
We welcome you to explore the opportunities available at M&H and submit your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available