Updated: Jan 21 2013
||Field Service Tech
||Williston, ND, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Performs quality maintenance, diagnostics, disassemblies, inspections, rebuilds and reassemblies of all components or equipment (i.e.: engines, power trains, hydraulics, fuel systems, power generation, electrical codes, etc.) Either in a shop or at customer locations with or without supervision. This may include failure analysis as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete routine Preventive Maintenance of Weatherford Wireline Logging Units and Cranes to ensure they remain in compliance with company and governmental regulations.
- Perform Corrective Maintenance on Weatherford Wireline Logging Units and Cranes both within in the shop and on location.
- Complete Mandatory Modifications within specified timeframe and document in applicable database.
- Fabricate parts as needed to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to obtain parts or service to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure completion of Annual DOT Certifications and Annual Crane Inspections by 3rd Party Vendors for assigned equipment.
- Complete all required documentation in relation to preventive and corrective maintenance along with certifications and enter information in applicable databases.
- Maintain inventory of consumable parts for both repair and maintenance as applicable.
- Participate in both scheduled and unscheduled District Support Visits as well as be available on 24/7 call out basis.
- Assist Operational Excellence Personnel in performing Root Cause Analysis investigations.
- Perform On-the-Job training of District Staff on Pre/Post job procedures as well as preventative maintenance procedures of Wireline Units and Cranes.
- Assist with evaluating third party repair facilities.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge in all aspects of Heavy Duty Mechanical Maintenance
- Good Verbal and written communications skills
- Basic windows PC knowledge
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic systems
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work on Cat, Cummins, and International engines
- Working knowledge of all types truck mounted cranes
- Minimum 2 years Heavy Duty Mechanical or Crane experience
- Crane Inspections Certification
- DOT Inspection Certification
- Commercial Drivers Licence
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available