Pulse Structural Monitoring
Updated: Jan 4 2013
||Business Development, Sales and Marketing
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Pulse Structural Monitoring is the leader in marine structural monitoring and has been responsible for the provision of highly successful monitoring systems and services since 1998. Currently Pulse Inc. in Houston, TX has an opening for a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager reports to the Account Manager North America and is responsible for the growth and development of the assigned market segment within the region. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Delivering sales/profitability targets as defined in the annual sales and marketing plan. Sales performance bonus will be directly linked to performance versus the plan.
• Maintaining and growing business with Pulse's existing customers. This will involve pitching for new business and maintaining and servicing existing contracts. Account development plans to be written and updated for all major accounts.
• Building business with new customers in region. Strategy for which customers to target will be defined with Account Manager in the annual sales and marketing plan
• Writing proposals and tenders for potential projects,
• Contract negotiations together with Pulse's legal and commercial teams including technical clarifications, pricing negotiations and terms and conditions
• Working closely with Account Manager to define sales and marketing strategy for the region. This will be summarized in an annual sales and marketing plan, which will be reviewed on a quarterly basis
• Working with marketing and technical teams to develop new product strategy and ensure that the product development strategy is in line with market/customer requirements
• Working with global sales and marketing team to define sector focused strategy (drilling, production, mooring, infrastructure), compiling global market information (key project information, pricing trends, competitor information....) and contributing to sales and marketing literature (presentations, datasheets....)
This is a great opportunity to become part of a growing team within a rapidly expanding market sector. The position offers extensive scope for career progression within a growing dynamic global company and we are looking for an ambitious person with the following experience and attributes:
• Bachelor Degree, preferably in a technical or engineering discipline
• 3 years experience in a sales role preferably in the oil and gas market
• Will consider candidates from technical background if can prove commercial acumen and strong desire to learn/grow
• Knowledge and experience in drilling sector an advantage. Mooring, marine or other riser experience also attractive
• Knowledge and understanding of monitoring/integrity management in oil and gas sector desirable
• Experience/confidence in public speaking / presenting to groups preferred
• Competence in Microsoft office package, specifically PowerPoint, Word & Excel
• Firm understanding of financial and marketing techniques to evaluate projects/products/markets;
• Excellent written, verbal communication and analytical skills;
• Strong leadership and relationship building skills
• Ability to travel
This is a key position and as such has an attractive and competitive package including a performance based bonus and an excellent benefit program including 401K (with employer contribution), healthcare plan, long-term and short-term disability, holidays and life insurance.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available