Updated: Jan 9 2013
||Chemist, Client Representative, PR / Corporate Communications
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Nexeo Solutions is focused exclusively on the business of connecting producers and customers of chemicals, plastics, composites and environmental services. With operations across North America, Europe and Asia, Nexeo Solutions aspires to be the global leader in our industry. Our global infrastructure, experienced team and efficient private fleet position us to help your business connect to the opportunities of the global economic recovery.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about Nexeo Solutions, visit www.nexeosolutions.com.
This position is in the Product Safety Group. The mission of the Product Safety group is securing the long-term marketability of products sold by Nexeo Solutions by evaluating, determining and communicating their hazards and risks in compliance with all applicable Global regulations and with adherence to Product Stewardship and Corporate principles. Our overall aim is to assure compliance and quality customer support to assist in preserving and increasing Nexeo Solutions competitiveness.
- Performing hazard determinations, authoring MSDS's, and developing labels, trimcard and other regulatory compliant documents.
- Maintaining data integrity on hazard assessments in the MSDS authoring system.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of US, Canadian, and International GHS hazard communication requirements.
- Providing internal and external customer support related to hazard communication.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge of changing hazard communications regulations.
- Actively participating in workflow and system development projects to continue to maintain compliance with International hazard communication requirements and needs.
- Create and maintain regulatory reports in SAP.
- Participate in trade and other industry and government association activities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or EHS related field.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in the Chemical or Distribution Industry.
- Detail-oriented, with strong technical and customer service skills.
- Strong computer literacy, high degree of accuracy and productivity standards.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage priorities.
- Must be self motivated and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization (e.g., marketing, IT, internal EH&S, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in global hazard communication requirements and chemical control laws - preferred
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available