AutoCAD Designer (with SmartPlant)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Knowledge of Intergraph SmartPlant P&ID, and Smart Sketch 1-3 Yrs
2. Also experience with MicoStation, AutoCAD OR other 2D CAD Platforms will be preferred
3. Prepares 2-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) plant layouts and study drawings from which detailed design 3-D CAD models and/or construction drawings are completed.
4. Reviews and checks calculations, design models, drawings and design documents prepared by others in the group and by material suppliers, as assigned.
5. Prepares bulk material quantity takeoffs and material requisitions for materials applicable to the discipline.
6. Works with designers in other disciplines in the overall assignment to coordinate designs.
7. Answers questions from client or construction group on design for assigned responsibility.
8. Compiles, maintains and accesses job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as instructed.
9. Prepares design calculations used in the discipline.
10. Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Sound knowledge of CAD design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, graphic arts, reading of drawings and reproduction methods used by the discipline.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline's design responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria, and codes relevant to the discipline.
- Knowledge of mathematical formulae and design calculations used in the discipline.
- General knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
- Skill in leading the technical work of less experienced designers and/or drafters who share in the design effort.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)