For 40 years Atwood Oceanics has provided premium offshore drilling rigs to leading industry clients, as they meet challenging technical demands requiring innovative solutions and safe, efficient drilling in all regions of the world. The company has met those challenges successfully by continuously upgrading their fleet and building new rigs as technology advances. Atwood Oceanics is dedicated to being a leader in safety, health, environmental matters and security, and to providing the industry with outstanding rig and employee performance.
Responsible for all HSE and operational activities and profitability objectives for respective drilling unit(s) in the area or country of operations. Incumbent must oversee the performance of the crews and the progress of company's operations safely and efficiently. Also prudently discharge his duties and operational responsibilities in cost effective and businesslike manner while adhering to company policies, standards and procedures local, International and U.S. Federal law as applicable. Must be conversant in all facets of the drilling unit, encompassing not only drilling activities but also emergency response, marine, navigational, mechanical, electrical and logistical policies, procedures and systems as applicable.
The Operations Manager is to represent Atwood Oceanics to the highest possible standard ensuring the delivery of world class service to the clients.
1. Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills in all aspects of functional areas with emphasis on visible enthusiastic support of Atwood HSE policies and goals.
2. Oversee and manage the HSE MS, drilling operations and office functions efficiently and effectively in accordance with the class, statutory and Company policies, standards and procedures.
3. Formulate and implement key performance targets by developing an annual HSE Plan, monitor and measure the results for action plans, if any.
4. Lead and motivate rig management team to deliver exceptional business results inline with Company's Vision Statement.
5. Manage and monitor education and competency skills for crews in the effort to sustain, motivate, instill awareness and ensure exceptional skills in accordance to Company's training matrix, client standards (per contractual requirements) and relevant regulatory requirements.
6. Ensure required training for crews is completed timely and certifications are maintained as current, particularly well control and regulatory training requirements.
7. Manage operations with diligent cost control and financial planning.
8. Provide guidance on Company Policies, Standards and Procedures in operations as well as safety, health, training, environmental and security issues in accordance with Class, Statutory and Company Policy, Standards and Procedures per the HSE to all staff and crews.
9. Innovatively and diligently, develop preferred relationships and communicate in a positive and constructive manner with all client representatives, regulatory agency representatives and the public alike.
10. Enforcement of all company policies (standards and Procedures) to all staff, crews and visitors within the vicinity of Company's premises.
a. Enforcement of hours of operation to all staff, crews and visitors in order to assure responsibility to the Company.
11. Manage and maintain records as required by Company policy, Standards and Procedures as defined in the Corporate Management Standards and Procedures.
12. Stay abreast of changes in regulations, technology and HSE related initiatives.
13. Other tasks and assignments as appropriate in accordance with this job description and approved by Vice President - Operations.
1. Maintain visible leadership and support in all areas of HSE.
2. Ensures that personal behaviors/work practices are in line with company safety standards.
3. Responsible for personal safety and safety of those in the vicinity, including any visitors.
4. Leads and pays close attention to housekeeping, double- checks and takes additional safety precautions to ensure no-one is put at risk by own work and the work of others.
5. Takes no short cuts and actively works with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
6. Ensures all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with company procedure.
7. Seeks advice from HSE representative on any necessary issues.
Minimum Education and Skill Requirements
1. B.S in Engineering or equivalent experience from a technological prospective with proven management experience.
2. Previous experience of 12 years working in oil and gas drilling operations -- MUST have management experience on DP vessels.
3. Extensive understanding of operations contract requirements.
4. A history of demonstrated employee development and ability to mentor less experienced employees.
5. Must have proficient computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and other programs as may be utilized by Atwood Oceanics.
6. Must possess a valid passport with ability to travel internationally as necessary.
7. Must possess a Well Control certification and Huet.
See Job Description
Employment Type: PERMANENT