Updated: Dec 28 2012
||Emergency Response, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer, Offshore
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||North Sea, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Leading independent international exploration and production company, operating in the North Sea (offices in Aberdeen and Stavanger), Pakistan and Asia, currently seeking experienced Offshore HSE Advisor to be based from Aberdeen in the North Sea.
Purpose and objectives of the position:
• To be an independent member of the offshore Management Team who directly advises the installation management team and who pro-actively co-ordinates and manages HSE activities.
• In co-operation with the OIM, assist in ensuring compliance with legislation, policies, procedures, guidance and best practice.
• To develop and maintain visibility and presence on site to gain the trust and confidence of the worksite personnel and provide proactive coaching on all HSE issues.
• Contribute to fostering a spirit and culture of continuous improvement and building a culture of personal accountability where safe behaviours are re-enforced, and at-risk behaviours are challenged.
• Safety Leadership.
• Facilitation of Incident Investigations.
• Emergency Response.
• Induction of new crew members.
• Administrator of the Electronic Integrated Safe System of Work.
• Be capable to 'Act in place of' the OIM.
Duties include but not limited to :
• Ensure that all operations in area of responsibility are executed in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the HSES Management System and procedures.
• Provide support to all departments to encourage and assist in continuous improvement in HSES performance.
• Prepare, review and update installation specific safety, health and environmental related procedures and directives in order to enhance the Installation's capabilities in HSES management and Emergency Response.
• Provide input into monthly performance reports produced by the onshore HSES team.
• Support proactive monitoring systems to support Line Supervision in ensuring Installation compliance with HSES policies and procedures.
• Assist in the management of observation systems, identifying and reporting trends and improvement needs.
• Support Installation Management in ensuring that HSES audit findings and recommendations are acted upon and closed out appropriately, Including EARS & PATS actions.
• Develop and implement Emergency Response training and exercise programmes for Installation Emergency Response Teams.
• Emergency Response.
• Proactively work with Installation Safety Representatives and encourage their involvement in incident investigations and reporting SH&E related audits and other activities.
• Provide input to Installation generated Risk Assessment activities and review and approve Contractor derived RA's.
• Support Installation Management in the investigation, reporting and analysis of incidents.
• Act as focal point for Installation liaison with Regulatory bodies (HSE, DECC, SEPA, etc).
• Fulfil role and responsibilities of Radiation Protection Supervisor.
• Provide specialist HSES support to installation communication and consultation arrangements (PSE etc).
• Provide full logs and reports on handover and information on a shift by shift back to back basis to ensure the best flow of information and experience.
• Promote continual improvement by challenging HSE systems, standards and practices to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Periodically audit and review HSE systems to ensure their continued effectiveness
• Work with the onshore HSES Team and Offshore Medics to ensure that adequate occupational health measures are in place.
• Act as installation HSE focal point with responsibility for dissemination of HSE related information and implementation of improvement initiatives
• Attend and participate in safety meetings.
• Assist with the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Toolbox Talks
• Actively manage/conduct:
• Site Inductions
• Site Based Audit & Inspection Programme
• Site Based Training
• Integrated Safe System of Work Administration
• EARS & PATS Administration
• Step Change Liaison
• Act as On Scene Commander.
• Assist in the development and delivery of HSES campaign/training material
• Undertake any other task as assigned from time to time by the OIM.
• Support site specific HSES Improvement Plans
• Competent person for HAVs, Noise and Asbestos, COSHH etc
• Driving Culture Change
• Management of Change
• Operating in a multi-disciplined environment against tight deadlines
• Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health
• NEBOSH Diploma
• Relevant experience in offshore operations role or onshore equivalent.
• Good understanding of practical implementation of HSE legislation and have the ability to provide meaningful guidance on it for the wider installation management team.
• Must have experience of developing, implementing, monitoring, auditing and reviewing HSE management systems.
• Safety Leadership
• Problem Solving
• Computer Skills (Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Web Based Databases)
• Report Writing
• Ability to identify appropriate risk assessment techniques to specific situations/problems arising and apply if required.
Attributes & Behaviours
• Self motivated team player who is passionate about HSE.
• Keen to develop themselves and others.
• Able to demonstrate an ability to foster continuous improvement.
• Able to manage resistance to change and capable of motivating others.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available