Updated: Sep 4 2013
||Gulf of Mexico, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Must have 2 years drilling experience and 2 years experience as an Assistant Driller with another drilling contractor on a deep-water vessel with cyber based equipment.
- Current first aid and CPR certifications.
- Advanced level of mechanical knowledge of rotary drill equipment, mud circulating systems, well shut-in procedures, ability to recognize signs of kicks and loss of fluid situations as well as the procedures for circulating kick out (i.e., trip tank level, pit level, volumetric method and mud weight change.
- Good working knowledge of rigging procedures and break point limits.
- Advanced safety knowledge.
- BOP/Well Control knowledge.
- Valid Well Control Certificate at the supervisor's level.
- Must be able to use a hand held calculator to accurately multiply, add, subtract and divide to figure out barrels of mud lost or gained, depth and surface to bit rate, etc.
- Ensure all relevant safety procedures and practices are adhered to during drilling operations.
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to the Toolpusher.
- Partake in the weekly meetings, Quality Improvement Plan program, and all other Company safety management systems.
- Conduct drilling operations safety drills as and when required.
- Ensure a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company's safety policies through leadership and guidance
Must be US citizen or authorized to work in the United States.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available