Updated: Dec 20 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Number: NASH753956
Position Title: Reservoir Engineer - H/FPU
Opening date: 19 Dec 2012 9:00am
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Provide reservoir engineering expertise in the Haynesville/Fayetteville Shale Gas Production Unit
· An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
· Alignment with the BHP Billiton operating principles and Charter Values
· Development planning activities for an active drilling program including:
o Defining the drilling inventory
o Selecting well locations
o Optimisation of well spacing and performance
· Generate economic evaluations for well proposals, budgets and acquisitions
· Communicate with JV partners on engineering technical issues
· Evaluate well performance
· Manage ARIES (or similar) input properties
· Reservoir modelling for horizontal fractured wells
· Clearly communicate and report results
· Mentor and coach other reservoir engineering staff
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
· Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team
· Collaboration / Relationship Builder
· Attention to detail
· Action Orientation / Tenacity
· Well Organized
· High Integrity
· Sound judgement
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Excellent communication skills (written / verbal)
· Haynesville/Fayetteville Shale Production Unit Team
· Reservoir Engineering Supervisor
· Haynesville/Fayetteville Subsurface Team
· Reservoir Engineering Function
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires a Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering.
A minimum of 2+ years experience in the upstream petroleum industry, preferably with a major oil company.
Strong knowledge and understanding of shale gas operations
Expertise in DCA, RTA and PTA
Experience estimating reserves
Proficiency with probabilistic methods
Knowledge and experience in technical applications such as ARIES, Peep, OFM and reserves software
Reservoir simulation and nodal analysis experience
Competence in MS Suite
Excellent analytical skills
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available