Come join Air Energi in this one year renewable contract to be located inSt. John's Newfoundlandand taking part in one ofCanada's most exciting Offshore Oil and Gas projects.
The Commissioning Specialist - DCDA shall develop, review, and execute commissioning procedures and related processes to ensure that drilling control system is complete and turned over fully commissioned and ready to operate as detailed in the systems completions philosophies.
Areas of responsibility:
- Provide subject matter guidance with respect to commissioning of drilling control systems.
- Provide expertise for commissioning of drilling control systems, including mechanical completion, commissioning, and turnover/systems acceptance.
- Provide data to the project to enable planning and development of the overall drilling commissioning plan.
- Liaise with project engineering and operation team members' during commissioning planning and execution.
- Liaise with/supervise vendor engineering and field team members' during their involvement in commissioning planning and execution.
- Be focal point contact for execution of static and dynamic commissioning of drilling control systems, including technical interface with vendor, EPCs and operations.
- Attend FATs and populate SCDB for drilling systems during detail design phase.
- Ensure that all personnel are working under an approved safe system of work for energized equipment at fabrication and integration sites.
- Report systems commissioning progress to the commissioning lead -drilling and commissioning manager at fabrication site.
Basic Job Requirements
- An engineering degree with experience in commissioning drilling control systems and drill pipe-handling equipment
- Experience using systems completion database systems
- Experience in procedure writing and planning
- Experience on oil and gas projects of a similar nature
- Knowledge of offshore and drilling production systems and offshore work experience is highly desirable. Must also possess an ability to work in harsh and inclement conditions.
- Proficient with IT systems and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.