Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Feb 11 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Freeport, TX; Wyandotte, MI; Geismar, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position is responsible for representing Client in the construction of various size projects in the North American region ranging from $25 to $150 million dollars. As such, this person will provide front-end input to project managers to develop construction strategies and schedules, and also provides the interface between the client project team and the construction contractors. Primary responsibilities include the oversight of the construction site with regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost, and compliance to specifications.
Specific tasks include:
- Serve as the primary client interface to the construction contractor, project team, operations, and engineering groups; especially with regard to installation and execution activities and resolving field problems.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation (constructability) in the design, contract development/bidding, and construction phases of projects.
- Coordinate site visits, interpret bid specifications, explain site specific security and safety regulations.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining a safe worksite. Has pro-active involvement with contractors to prevent accidents and injuries. Conducts incident investigations, if necessary.
- Closely monitors contractors and provide guidance to ensure full understanding of the scope and minimize construction claims. In general, must be able to analyze and choose low cost alternatives in execution of the work.
- Continually inspects the construction work to assure that job schedules are maintained and that work is being performed safely as per codes and design specifications.
- Must be constantly vigilant to ensure that quantity and quality of materials, equipment, and contract labor meet contract requirements.
- Documents field activities and products necessary reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Coordinates duties of other construction engineers and/or contract inspectors.
- Supports Project Team in the review and authorization of field changes.
- Verifies and approves invoices to validate accuracy with respect to work performance and/or equipment delivered, and recommends approval for payment.
Qualifications - Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS degree in an Engineering or Construction Management discipline with minimum 15+ years experience in Mechanical, Civil, Instumentation and Electrical disciplines. Client recognizes institutions of higher education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- Experience with chemical, petrochemical, petroleum refining or other similar manufacturing plant construction techniques and demonstrated knowledge of various engineering design disciplines.
- Be familiar with quality control techniques and their application in the construction industry.
- General knowledge of project execution and ability to manage non-technical phases of construction (e.g., planning and scheduling, material receiving, progress tracking, etc.)
- Be able to understand and enforce contract documents.
- Act independently regarding most daily and weekly activities, and interacts with supervising manager usually on a consulting and reporting basis.
- Participation in professional organizations related to chemical plant construction is desirable.
- Knowledge of construction and general chemical plant safety requirements.
This position is part of the Corporate Engineering Services Group that supports Client businesses in the North American region. Possible travel up to 50% or a temporary relocation to other client locations may be required from time to time for this job. 75% of the work and travel is to client sites along the Gulf Coast.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
United States-Michigan-Wyandotte, United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Yes, 50 % of the Time
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available