Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Jan 10 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Covington & New Orleans, LA, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Risk & Interface Coordinator - Covington/New Orleans
- One of the world's leading oil and gas operators with over 62,000 employees globally.
- Gulf of Mexico headquarters in Covington, LA focusing on company's offshore assets and operations.
This position is assigned to the Main Pass 299/144 Platform Realignment and Optimization Plus (PRO+) Project. This is a large offshore major capital project with capital investment estimated at $290MM.
The project is currently located in Covington, Louisiana. The project plans to move to the FEED contractor's office at the beginning of Phase 3 which is scheduled for 1st Quarter 2013. The FEED contractor will be on the south shore of Lake Ponchartrain, just outside of New Orleans. Plan start date February 1, 2012 or sooner.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders to effectively progress / influence risk and interface activities for overall project success.
- Build relationships with cross functional project team to effectively progress / influence risk and interface activities for overall project success.
- Technically capable of understanding RIMS (Risk Interface Management System) after in house training. Owns and acts as the administrator of the RIMS tool.
- Organizes or leads training for the project team on RIMS.
- Coordinates cross-functional risk identification workshops at identified major project milestones.
- Ensures the risk register is maintained - updated after each workshop and assurance reviews; actions tracked, reported and closed out.
- Generates the appropriate information prior to each risk review meetings with functional team and Project Leadership Team.
- Facilitates capturing and sharing of risk management lessons learned between project groups.
- Reports on status of risk management mitigation activities.
- Ensures that the risk register is available in RIMS to support staff meetings.
- Insure that new risks identified in all project workshops and assurances are captured in the risk register for mitigation.
- Ensures that all risks receive the correct level of review and endorsement, and quality risk response/mitigation plans are developed.
- 5+ years' experience in Oils & Gas Industry - Offshore with Risk and Interface Coordinator.
- Engineering degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience with major capital projects as well as working with EPC contractors.
- Demonstrated experience and fluency in core project management processes, particularly risk and interface management.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available