Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Jan 4 2013
||Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||competitive salary, benefits
||Longview, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The primary role of this position is to provide the necessary engineering and technical support to continuously improve plant rotating equipment integrity, reliability, cost and economic performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide technical support to production and maintenance departments
· Longview site resource for processing equipment, including gearboxes, extruders, mixers, melt pumps and rotary feeders.
· Develop and maintain reliability improvement / tracking programs for critical assets.
· Serve as leader and/ or member of cross-functional teams to resolve equipment problems, investigate incidents, and improve reliability
· Perform root cause failure analysis on critical equipment failures and failures that result in economic impact greater than $ 100,000.
· Perform component failure analysis as required.
· Witness repairs to critical equipment and performance testing of new equipment as needed.
· Initiate capital projects to maintain/enhance business goals
· Assist in the development and monitoring of the preventative maintenance program
· Participate actively in department/plant safety and environmental programs
· Investigate and evaluate new methodologies, work practices, and technology
· Develop/Review/Maintain equipment specifications as related to purchasing, installation, operation, and maintenance / repairs.
· Develop and implement alteration and revisions to equipment to improve business performance of the operating units.
· Provide administrative and technical support to the maintenance organization concerning improvement oriented efforts.
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. Two years of experience as a reliability/maintenance engineer in a petrochemical facility is preferred.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available