Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Jan 30 2013
||Electrical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Competitive salary, benefits
||Geismar, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This is a reliability focused Instrument and Electrical Engineering job. This job is long-term and strategic focused and has responsibility to drive reliability performance using the most appropriate and effective tools and techniques. This position also provides technical support to Production and Maintenance personnel and leads or participates in Root Cause Failure Analyses and monitors KPI data for early identification and resolution of reliability issues.
- Apply appropriate reliability tools to drive improvements, optimize costs, and improve AE (i.e., Bad Actor Program, FMEA, RBI, RBM, RCM, Reliability Roadmap, etc.)
- Ensures development of Critical Equipment list and Critical Spares Inventory. This includes monitoring and optimizing the stores system considering site-wide needs
- Monitor Maintenance and Reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics for proactive identification and resolution of reliability issues
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFAs) and corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive problems in coordination with Asset Management
- Lead the Bad Actor Program and create action plans for improving reliability in coordination with Asset Management
- Research and communicate new technologies and maintenance practices to improve asset availability and optimize costs
- Provides technical leadership and oversight to non-control system I & E services, such as Grounding and Bonding and Thermography, PDMA testing (motor diagnostic testing), CMMS, etc.
- Periodic review and writing of instrument/electrical standards, procedures and guidelines
- Initiates and/or modifies predictive and preventive maintenance programs as necessary in their area (may include the following):
- Instrument diagnostic analysis using smart instrumentation
- Valve diagnostics using smart positioners
- Loop performance monitoring for critical loops
- IR surveys
- Partial stroke valve usage
- Non-destructive testing of electrical circuits (PDMA, partial discharge, etc.)
- Review electrical studies for weaknesses in the plant configuration
- CMMS (vision - On-line asset management system for instrumentation systems)
- Entrepreneurial Actions
- Analytical Thinking
- Strive for Achievement
- Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Organizational Awareness
Qualifications - Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalentQualifications - Client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- B.S. Degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering degrees will be considered based upon applicable experience. Participation in a high performance team requires entrepreneurial characteristics as well as excellent communication and human relations skills.
- A minimum of 7+ years of related engineering experience in either a chemical/petrochemical or refinery operation.
- Must have a sound technical knowledge of instrumentation, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
A thorough understanding of reliability methods and procedures. Electrical systems experience up to 480 volts.
An understanding of best practices for maintenance processes including but not limited to Risk Based assessment, Total Productive Maintenance, and Reliability Based Inspections is also an important asset for this position.
Knowledge of SAP and how it is used to track costs and maintenance history will be needed, but can be a developmental skill.
This position requires the incumbent to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
: United States-Texas-Freeport
: Day Job
: Yes, 5 % of the Time
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available