Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Jan 22 2013
||Inventory Control, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, buyer, vendors, admin, purchase order
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||competitive salary, benefits, bonuses
||Morgan City, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Coordinates all activities related to accounting actions to keep the GR/IR in balance and under 120 days.
2) Analyzes open requisitions to send out for quotes and take action based on need date, lead time and pricing.
3) Works with all Drilling Plant Departments to keep issues under control.
4) Investigates and/or interviews suppliers to determine issues or concerns are valid.
5) Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs are met.
6) Responsible for expediting of purchase orders, maintaining relationships with vendors, maintaining records/reports and history files for vendors, sourcing alternate vendors for possible cost savings and/or delivery, and utilizing MRP for identifying requirements for placing purchase orders.
7) Interfaces with vendors to improve invoicing performances.
8) Work with supply chain team on quoting exercises by gathering data and analyzing results.
9) Manage projects against plans and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality of work.
1) To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
2) Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Manufacturing Engineer or Industrial Engineer; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3) 2+ years' experience in an administrative capacity in a purchasing, inventory or accounting environment.
4) Must have good interpersonal skills.
5) Travel: 25%
Benefits and Features:
· Competitive Salary
· Excellent Benefits package including 401k
· Exceptional bonus incentive plans
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available