Updated: Dec 14 2012
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We're the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We're also a leading employer in our sector-with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today's industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that's embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for focusing on Turbodrill Engineering Projects. Projects will include innovating current product lines and supporting legacy designs with engineering support.
The candidate will be responsible for design concepts, in terms of modeling, and completion of complex calculations when they are required to support the final design of a product.
The candidate must be willing to work on project teams, across disciplines and product lines.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-4 years engineering design experience
- Two years CAD / 3D Modeling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experienced with the following engineering software tools: Pro / Engineer, Mindmap, TKSolver, MathCAD, computer programming, MS SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to innovate existing technologies and design ''clean sheet'' tools or technologies
- Computational experience using engineering software packages such as MathCAD or TK Solver
- Demonstrated understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles
- Experience with oil field technology, terminology and practices
- Experience with electrical packaging for reliability, electrical system design or manufacturing
- Understanding of basic materials engineering principles and application of those principles to design
- Self-motivated attitude, demonstrated time management and organizational skills and creative problem solving
Schlumberger is an equal opportunity employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available