Updated: Jan 30 2013
||IT - Sys Admin & Support, Rig/Offshore experience Preferred, IT related field preferred
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Rig Support Floater will travel to the rigs following a rotation to support all their IT needs. The Floater will perform regular maintenance; work with local employees to resolve any issues in the areas of:
- Network (Satellite, and local area network).
- Desktop Support.
- Basic application troubleshooting.
- Rig Support Floater will coordinate with the corporate IT office to implement specific IT projects and infrastructure improvements on the rigs.
- In addition, during the time the Rig Support Floater is not on board of the rigs he/she will be responsible to support remotely the rigs during regular working hours.
Minimum Education/Training/Certifications Requirements/Preferred:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree in IT related field prefered
- Five (5) years technology support experience in PC hardware/software.
- Experience working with remote communications hardware including modems, wireless routers and network interface cards
- Five (5) years related experience working on notebook computers.
- Rig/offshore experience preferred.
- Experience in installations and upgrades, training and technical documentation desired
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available