Kinder Morgan CO2, one of the largest CO2 providers and CO2 tertiary recovery companies in the US, is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual that will provide technical reservoir engineering support to the Supply and Transportation subsurface team with regards to the development of CO2 source fields and opportunities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership and interpretation in regards to reservoir development planning.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation, and recommendation of depletion strategies within oil & gas and CO2 producing fields, monitor and support drilling activities. Develop workover opportunities with subsurface team.
- Conduct simulation studies on Company and prospective assets regarding reservoir performance and exploitation.
- Support the subsurface team as needed with reservoir engineering interpretations to optimize existing well performance utilizing pressure transient and nodal analysis.
- Provide reserves determination support for source fields. Provide economics for projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Petroleum engineering or equivalent
- 15-20 years experience within the oil and gas industry, much of it gained in an exploitation operating environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use petroleum engineering principles to solve problems and identify enhancement opportunities.
- Regarded as an expert in reservoir simulation, including compositional and fractured reservoirs.
- Highly skilled, working experience within both clastic and carbonate reservoirs/fields.
- Working knowledge of reservoir engineering software such as Petra, Integrated Production Management (Prosper, GAP, MBAL), Saphir non-linear modeling, PVT software, and Aries.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams to influence and deliver appropriate technical advice and solutions.
- Ability to explore and apply lateral thinking/innovative approaches to problems.
- All around skills and experience required, from sub-surface technical skills to operations, with a clear understanding of business drivers and economics.
- Ability to run Aeries to evaluate various development scenarios.
- Excellent communicator with the team, operations, and other groups.
- Possesses well developed interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, frequently under pressure on multiple tasks.
- Ability to adapt/support other departments as necessary to get the job done.
- MS-Office-working knowledge of general applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on detail, and follow work rules.
- Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with 75% of the data/information available.
- Good overall practical oilfield operations knowledge.
- Ability to improve the profitability of a field using reservoir analysis.
- Understanding of oil and gas finance in relation to reserves and economics.
- Ability to understand typical well-logging suites.
- Flooding processes exposure. Water-flood and/or CO2 flood experience a plus.
- Experience in developing technical documents such as AFEs, economic analysis, presentations to management, etc. (written and verbal skills)
- Demonstrated initiative and results oriented team member skills. Willingness to share knowledge and mentor younger engineers.
- Good Non-supervisory, but expected to take leadership roles in projects.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Good time management skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in all required technical and economic software packages.
- MS-Access - working knowledge necessary to move forward on tasks in a timely manner.
- DSS - working knowledge of Production Management Software.
- Data management & manipulation capability.
Primarily office setting within Houston, Texas. Expectation to travel at 10-15%.
Working after hours, nights, weekends, holidays as needed.
Preferred education and/or experience:
- Waterflood management and CO2 project experience is a major advantage.
- Expertise of reservoir engineering concepts, specifically in carbonate environments.
- Expertise within reservoir engineering software: Petra, Prosper, GAP, MBAL, Saphir, Aeries.
- Masters level education, and professional engineering registration