Updated: Apr 16 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Responsible for implementing the Integrity Management Program and risk analysis on specific pipeline assets, pipeline technical support, pipeline integrity research, and develop and lead pipeline integrity programs. The Pipeline Risk Engineer will report to the manager of Risk Engineering and Pipeline Integrity.
- Implement Integrity Management Program (IMP) and Risk Analysis
- Implement the IMP requirements for the HCAs on selected pipeline assets including risk/threat evaluation, risk ranking, long term assessment planning, P&M measure determination, and more.
- Fully understand the pipeline integrity issues and risks for your specific pipeline assets
- Run risk model(s) for specific assets including coordination of data collection, understanding the risk algorithms, reviewing and confirming results, and utilizing the risk output.
- Develop and maintain long term ILI and integrity assessment plan for HCAs and non-HCA pipelines, including working with Field Engineering and Project Management to develop budgets based upon the long term plan.
- Conduct Annual risk review with Field Engineering and Field Operations
- Track progress of IMP and integrity assessments during the year.
- Initiate and lead interaction with appropriate subject matter experts and other stakeholders for specific threats to assist in planning and to secure feedback on program improvements. Develop/maintain IMP and Risk Engineering processes and procedures.
- Develop and utilize risk engineering tools (e.g. DRAS risk model and tools, interactive maps, integrity sheets, etc.)
- Program lead and involvement on one or more internal Risk Engineering integrity management programs. This could include emergent detailed technical studies and support projects.
- Provide support onregulatory related response special permits such as root cause analysis, developing and implementing response plans, and conducting special assignments related to alternative MAOP pipelines or special permits.
- Research and development of new integrity management approaches and technology and participation in various industry research groups as needed.
- Interact with various company departments including but not limited to ILI Engineering, Engineering Records, Project Management, Field Engineering and field personnel to secure and provide data as necessary.
- Provide training and technical support for operations personnel including but not limited to regional corrosion personnel, field engineers, and Project Management.
- Identify and present potential process improvements and follow-through with implementation once stakeholder/management agreement for the improvement is obtained.
- Review, edit and provide feedback regarding any proposed procedure or process variance requests.
- Provide support for other aspects of integrity related programs, processes, and procedures as required.
- Other work tasks as needed
- Strong, effective, timely, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with logical thought processes.
- Ability to coordinate projects, programs, and research with field operating personnel, project engineers, and outside entities.
- Ability to perform all essential functions of the position including those listed above.
- Ability to understand and implement all company job related processes, procedures, guidelines and best practices.
- Must be accountable and manage activities to keep required work schedules, focus attention to details, and follow company policies and procedures.
- Strong focus on safe work practices and active participation in the safety program.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document, and complete work independently.
- Ability to successfully work in team environment with a focus on both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate initiative and adaptability to manage multiple work tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to learn Microsoft Access or other data query tools.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Subject to PHMSA compliant drug testing program.
- Must be willing and able to work in a corporate environment.
- Occasional travel to other field or corporate locations may be required depending on nature of ongoing work activities.
- Must be willing and able to carry a cell phone and respond as needed.
- Extended periods of sitting may be required for administrative duties.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- 4-10 years of relevant pipeline operating, engineering and construction experience.
- Knowledge of PHMSA Part 192 regulations with detailed knowledge of Subpart O Pipeline Integrity Regulations.
- Should have a significant knowledge of company and/or industry standards relative to pipeline integrity, operations and construction. Some knowledge of ILI tools and pipeline condition evaluations is desirable.
- Detailed understanding of various methods of pipeline integrity assessment methods including various types of in-line inspection tools, pressure testing and direct assessment.
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing methods.
- Advanced computer skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available