Business / Project:Production
Job type:Full Time Regular (USA)
Location:US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Provide high quality production support for the GOM JIU (Atlantis, Mad Dog, Genesis, and ORRI Assets), particularly in computer technical applications and data management; will also be involved in the development of improved data management processes and tools/applications for the GOM JIU.
- Responsible for the validation and population of 1SAP system. Pull reports to ensure data integrity and support the GOMJIU staff.
- Provide responsive, expert computer application support to the team, working with engineers and geoscientists within the team to ensure all databases and applications are efficiently integrated
- Manage well, reservoir, fluid, and production data and ensure that all databases are updated in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships with key peers and colleagues in other asset and resource teams to promote the sharing of information/ideas and general skill development.
- Perform administrative tasks such as compilation of reports, preparation of presentation material, etc. in an effective and efficient manner and contribute to the achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Support production reporting and forecasting activities
- GOM JIU Weekly Report
- Day Minus 3 forecast and report
- Latest Estimate (LE) forecast
- Monthly Operation Financial Report (MOFR)
- QC Production Data
- EU, 1SAP, OFM, Spreadsheet Applications, Eclipse (Modify/append to historic production file)
- Identify production errors/issues and work with Operator/GOM JIU Staff to resolve
- Analyze and interpret production data and clearly communicate and report results
- Reserve Tracking Database (VOLTS)
- Input production quarterly (oil, dry, gas, ngls, & condensate)
- Work with Reservoir Engineers to allocate production to each respective reservoir
- Provide report to GOMJIU staff
- Database Management (1SAP, EU, OFM, VOLTS, Access, Excel, etc.)
- Back fill for GOM PU data management & reporting activitiesKEY DELIVERABLES / KEY DIMENSIONS
- Competence with the following:
- EU (ORACLE Databases)
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Schlumberger Suite (OFM, VOLTS, PEEP, PETREL, etc)
- Proactive Problem Solver
- Work within a team environment
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team
- Collaboration / Relationship Builder
- Attention to detail
- Action Orientation
- Well Organized
- High Integrity
- Sound judgement
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills (written / verbal)
- GOM JIU Subsurface Supervisors
- GOM JIU Engineering Professionals
- GOM JIU Geoscience Professionals
- Other Engineering & Geoscience Technicians
Direct Reports (Positions):
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree required.
Experience & Technical Competencies
- Minimum 2 years experience required working in the upstream petroleum industry
- Advanced knowledge and experience in technical applications such as OFM, Schlumberger Suite (PEEP, VOLTS, etc.), ORACLE Databases
- Advanced knowledge in MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
- Excellent analytical skills
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer