A global energy leader with an exciting future
Nexen Inc. is an upstream oil and gas company responsibly developing energy resources in some of the world's most significant basins, including the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico and Western Canada. We're strategically focused on three businesses: conventional oil and gas, oil sands, and shale gas.
Nexen is big enough to provide you with boundless career opportunities, and small enough so you get recognized for your work. Our high standards of integrity and governance have earned us a global reputation for valuing the big picture: people, safety and the environment. Your contributions are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package and a healthy work-life balance, and training that will open doors to your future.
Why work for Nexen in the Gulf of Mexico?
Because we're bringing new energy to Houston.
Nexen is one of the top leaseholders in the Gulf and we're moving forward with more exploration and appraisal. On the rigs and in the office, our people work in teams to support each other. Our high standards of integrity and governance have earned us a global reputation for valuing the big picture: people, safety and the environment. Your contributions are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package, a healthy work-life balance and training that will open doors to your future.
Responsible for daily offshore operations of oil and gas processing equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Under general supervision:
- Monitors equipment and wells to maintain production rate throughout the processing system;
- Troubleshoots production train malfunctions;
- Repairs equipment (dump valves, back pressure valves, etc.);
- Operates cranes, compressors, generators, pumps (pipeline, triplex, fire water), production trains, SCADA System, PC program for well allocation, escape capsule;
- Tests wells to determine production rates and problems with wells;
- May identify problems or potential problems with equipment and inform more senior operators;
- Assists maintenance contractors (i.e., mechanics, instruments, etc.);
- Monitors safety devices (pilots, firefighting equipment, etc.) and communicates operational status to more senior operators;
- Performs housekeeping duties for the platform and quarters;
- Understands and adheres to all BSEE, OSHA, USCG, and EPA regulations;
- Prepares documentation and production reports as required;
- Follows and administratively supports Nexen's HSESR, SEMS and PSM programs (including but not limited to contractor management, management of change and incident reporting and investigation);
- Executes all duties in a safe manner and complies with company policies and follows company processes and procedures;
- Effectively communicates with team members, operations, HSESR, management and technical staff.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required and a minimum of 2 years of production operations experience;
- Some offshore experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The following training will be given by the Company and passing will be required to be considered for this level position:
T-2 Certification, Water Survival, Fire Fighting, First Aid, CPR, Crane Certification, and Safe Gulf Training
- Must be able to work on an offshore platform which is 80 - 100 feet above the water;
- Work requires constant physical activity;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell;
- Must be able to detect appropriate and unusual compressor, engine, and other noises;
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus;
- Must be able to swing from a rope to move between platform and boat, and use emergency escape routes which require use of ladder and rope;
- Must be able to travel daily by helicopter or boat and weekly by car;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions;
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals; The employee is regularly exposed to vibration and/or rocking motions;
- The employee may be exposed to high noise levels in areas around rotating equipment and certain process equipment;
- The employee must be able to live in platform quarters.
Click the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
Nexen Petroleum U.S.A. Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer / Principals Only / No phone calls or emails please.
Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.