Updated: Dec 11 2012
||Environmental Safety & Training
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Responsible for coordinating and executing assigned areas of environmental, health and safety (EHS) policies, programs and procedures, including but not limited to; program implementation, training, risk identification, risk mitigation tactics, remedial programs, incident investigation and performance measures within a field or designated area of a Business Unit.
- Coordinates broad EHS program objectives for assigned areas.
- Works with the Business Unit Leaders in the implementation and execution of Noble Energy's Global EHS Management System.
- Works with the Business Unit Leaders to ensure their leadership in and support of EHS programs, and works cooperatively with them in developing EHS initiatives.
- Conducts risks assessments and inspections to ensure compliance with company, country, federal, state and local H&S compliance.
- Leads EHS incident investigations.
- Participates in the development, implementation and oversight of H&S programs.
- Reviews the accumulation and reporting of H&S Performance Measures and makes recommendations to Sr. Coordinator or Manager.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in environmental or Occupational Safety and Health or other related field, preferred, or three years additional equivalent experience.
- Three or more years oil & gas experience.
- Six or more years EHS experience.
- Excellent knowledge in EHS practices.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, delegate as necessary and handle multiple tasks.
- Proficient computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong knowledge of all regulations affecting environment and safety in the workplace, including those promulgated by or under OSHA, DOT, EPA, state oil and gas commissions, local fire departments, CERCLA, RCRA, CERA and SPCC.
- Certification in one or more of the following preferred: Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety and Health Official (CSHO), Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST), Construction Heath and Safety Technologist (CHST), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Environmental Professional (CEP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Work may involve moderate to heavy physical activity and exposure to outside weather conditions.
- On-call 24 hours.
- Some international and domestic travel to field and office locations.
Disclaimer The requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of the personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available