Updated: Jan 10 2013
||Accounting or Finance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary Region, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Meet federal and provincial reporting requirements related to income taxes of corporations and partnerships through review and preparation of returns based upon the collection and analysis of company financial information, governmental audits, and research and analysis of technical tax issues. Also assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end provision activities
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Review and assist with the monthly preparation of accurate and timely tax analysis and entries utilizing established practices and U.S. generally accepted accounting principles to provide accurate current and deferredtax provisions and liability accounts.
- Obtain and develop information and documentation necessary to complete annual tax returns for corporations and partnerships to comply with Federal and provincial tax reporting and filing requirements. Experience with respect to non-resident planning and reporting transactions with related parties is required.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing budgets for tax planning and tax installment requirements to facilitate cash flow planning and minimize interest and penalties.
- Assist in federal and provincial tax audits
- Research and make recommendations with respect to income tax issues to ensure proper tax reporting compliances, and to expedite audits.
- Assist with international tax matters: withholding taxes, information reporting issues and transfer pricing.
- Collaborate with other groups within the company on various tax issues
- Develop and upgrade technical competency in all pertinent areas of financial reporting and tax by keeping current with literature and proposed regulations in order to be cognizant of possible savings and planning opportunities.
- Manage/assist with ad hoc tax projects.
- Professional designation and completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course is preferred
- Ability to identify potential tax problems, research and develop creative solutions, and make recommendations to resolve tax issues
- 2-3 years of tax or tax related work experience
- Strong Attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Public accounting work experience
- Experience with JDE, SAP, Hyperion. TaxPrep, CorpTax is an asset
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available