Responsible for ensuring a smooth, safe and efficient operation for all mechanical systems. Working closely with rig technical teams in assisting repairs, scheduled maintenance and also working closely with service providers. Must be able to travel international as this position requires up to 40% travel.
1.Provides preventive and corrective field mechanical services on all drilling equipment.
2.Demonstrates proficiency at the level of a master mechanic that performs mechanical work and repairs on drilling equipment.
3.Comprehensive mechanical, diagnostic and analytical skills needed to provide excellent technical service.
4.Performs oversight of major equipment overhauls and emergency services as needed.
5.Requires extensive drilling equipment related knowledge.
6.Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
7.Ability to conceptualize and implement new ideas and systems.
8.Strong leadership abilities and good situational handling skills.
9.Assist in developing and maintaining the proper maintenance strategies.
10.Monitor effectiveness of predictive and preventive maintenance program and recommend revisions or additions as required.
11.Work with the rig maintenance teams to assure that the predictive technologies used are appropriate and effectively being utilized.
12.Assist with equipment work scope developments for major outages/turnarounds.
13.Rotational On-Call is required and shared in the department.
14.Support documentation systems and processes that maintain accurate information. Utilize data from these systems to perform analyses and implement improvements.
15.Assist as a technical resource for root cause failure analysis.
16.Assist with the development and implementation of processes to collect failure data for the equipment.
17.Participate in leading multi-disciplinary teams focused on improving asset utilization and reliability.
18.Provide assistance in the technical tools of Reliability Opportunity, Failure Analysis.
19.Keep line of open communication with business units to determine needs, providing direction and assistance.
20.Perform mechanical equipment audits.
21.Ability to train all levels of Employees in Reliability Process.
22.Expert working knowledge of equipment maintenance.
23.Strong interpersonal and communication skills to enable excellent working relationship with business units.
24.Ability to work independently and in teams imperative.
25.As a group work closely with operations to develop equipment strategies in order to meet the company's goals.
26.Coordinates various activities that are not necessarily related.
27.Job role contributes directly to value creation.
1. Seasoned functional competence as a departmental manager in a major operating area of a drill rig with discretionary authority to determine what results should be targeted.
2. Consistently a role model to all hands on the drilling rig.
3. Reviews results from changes in work procedures carefully to ensure there are no impacts to work area.
4. A continual improvement focus on rig safety.
5. Typically takes a business perspective in actively working with the rig management team to resolve major safety issues (e.g. compliance, safety breaches, engineering solutions etc.).
6. Contributes to safety initiatives, policy implementation and decisions at departmental level.
7. Leads by example the overall safety performance and improvement plans across work areas.
8. Takes into account 3rd party presence and regulatory authority requirements
9. Participates in selective routine safety activities e.g. audits with crews and resource people.
10. Monitors accident/incident data and rehabilitation processes and takes action to improve safety conditions.
11. Develops improvement plans for safety to tackle any shortcomings for safety on the rigs.
12. Sponsors safety work teams, initiatives, committees, campaigns, meetings, etc.
13. Seeks to improve safety standards by foreseeing potential risks and developing upfront prevention strategies.
14. Puts measures in place to minimize risks and improve the overall work environment.
15. Ensures all incidents are reported and assists in incident investigations in any relevant section of the rig, in accordance with company procedure.
16. Trains or coaches others on safety issues and conducts or co-ordinates safety tool box meetings etc.
Minimum Education and Skill Requirements
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent education with some mechanical or applicable trade courses plus a minimum of 5 years' experience in mechanical maintenance.
2. Related experience to read blueprints and/or drawings.
3. Must possess excellent verbal and reading comprehension skills.
4. Additionally, the individual should be familiar with mechanical assemblies.
5. Must be able to organize work flow for maximum efficiency.
6. The ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
7. Exercise leadership and provide a safe work example for subordinate personnel.
1. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
2. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
3. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, and pulling are required frequently. Requires lifting and substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
4. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
5. The worker is subject to environmental conditions. The worker is subject to extreme heat which may include temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour.
6. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly at distances close to the eyes.
Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS