Updated: Feb 15 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Cenergy is the most dependable source of workforce solutions in the oil and gas industry. We provide specialized energy personnel, safety services, inspection solutions, logistics optimization and vendor management. We're dedicated to delivering the right people, with the right knowledge and experience, anywhere in the world.
Partnering with our client, we are currently searching for a Senior Contracts Manager.
- Manage and administer his/her own portfolio of contracts in addition to the responsibilities described herein.
- Structure and manage contracts and agreements in a proactive manner with the objective of minimising claims and disputes.
- Advise and support Project Directors, Managers and Engineers on the fundamental principles, processes and procedures to be adopted in developing and implementing contracting strategies.
- Ensure the development and consistent application of prequalification processes, procedures, tendering, bid
- clarification, evaluation and recommendation for contract award processes and procedures that are in compliance with
- the Group Business Principles.
- Support/Lead project teams in the negotiation with contractors to achieve the mandated project objectives.
- Manage and / or advise on the preparation of submissions for the various Contract Boards, particularly the Global
- Contracts Board, to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Ensure the inclusion of the category management process and supply chain management requirements into the
- contracting strategies.
- Ensure that the approved HSE standards and safety policies are fully incorporated in the process of contractor and supplier selection and in the subsequent work execution phases.
- Coordinate / conduct / lead reviews and audits of project contracting strategies, plans, and contract management
- processes and procedures to be applied to individual projects.
- Support project teams in the resolution of commercial and contractual issues with contractors including terms and
- conditions of contract in collaboration with legal, risk and insurance specialists.
- Ensure the collection, analysis, validation, maintenance and capture of information and market intelligence relating the
- international engineering contracting market particularly within the relevant operating regions.
- Represent Company / Project in project benchmarking exercises from a contracting strategy perspective.
- Maintain a close working relationship with central, regional and local Legal Departments to ensure the inclusion of the
- necessary contract management aspects in the preparation of Terms and Conditions of Contract and related contractual
- Maintain a close working relationship with Finance Departments to ensure that contract strategies and documentation are in compliance with financial governance requirements.
- Maintaining good relationships with joint customers, joint venture partners, contractors and other stakeholders to ensure
- commitment and support.
- Recognising the different cultural and diverse characteristics that influence the contracting environment, including local content development.
- Developing contracting strategies and tactics for application in differing contracting markets.
- Particularly those with severe constraints on availability, capability and competitiveness of engineering contractors / construction subcontractors.
- Developing and sharing best practices, work processes, systems and tools, based on experience gained in a portfolio
- of independent projects.
- Eligible to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Please upload a copy of all required certifications and training
- Requires minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and may have an advanced degree and/or 10-15 years of experience in applying the discipline skill(s) to oil gas projects.
- An experienced professional, familiar with contracting roles on major capital projects.
- Proven management experience is essential, as is the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural / diverse environment.
- Application of contracting and procurement processes and tools.
- Project contract management.
- Development of category and project contracting strategies.
- Analysis and negotiating skills.
- Forms of Contracts and their application.
- Commercial acumen / awareness.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective communications at all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Comprehensive understanding of Contracts Procurement (CP) in a major project context.
- Detailed knowledge of project drivers in define through execute phases.
- Creative thinker capable of developing innovative solutions and a motivated self-starter with a track record of delivery.
- Applied knowledge of effective local content development.
- Proven record in leading multi-national and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience of working in frontier project environments.
- Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Skill with CP professional competencies.
- Understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues, able to cope with complexity and uncertainty.
- Ideally mastery in Develop and Deliver contract value plus a mixture of skill and knowledge for all other CP competencies.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available