Updated: Jan 3 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Senior Drilling Engineer - Contractor
- Responsible to Drilling Engineering / Completions Engineering Supervisor for all HSE aspects of well design and completions.
- Accountable for the HSE Management of design, manufacture, testing and putting in service of all well equipment used in well construction and the implementation of WWD HSE Management Standards/ Policies and Petroleum FRC in well design and construction.
- Accountable for the direct contract management of all Engineering and Completion Contractors under his direction.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and close-out of HSE Audits of Contractors and their equipment.
KEY DELIVERABLES / KEY DIMENSIONS
- Provides overall engineering support to the operation from the shorebase and has overall responsibility for optimising well planning, costing and operations for one or more rigs.
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
- Supervise responsible drilling engineers in carrying out their HSE responsibilities.
- Assist the responsible drilling engineer in conducting well- and operational risk assessments and HAZOPS.
- Provide technical input to campaign risk assessments.
- Ensure the formal documentation resulting from any well risk assessment is included in the drilling program for all wells.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare well programs including the drilling program, job programs, contingency plans for the well(s) for which they are responsible.
- Design well interventions, well testing, completions and workover programs and develops procedures to deliver optimum drilling performance (operational and well performance) and comply with drilling standards.
- Specify, select, order and accept all well drilling materials and services (well testing and completions materials) to meet drilling standards.
- Provide technical engineering support to operations (Drilling Superintendent).
- Identify and implement performance improvement initiatives and monitor effectiveness.
- Assume responsibility for all well documentation.
- Monitor and measure well performance.
- Liaise with subcontractors, authorities and partners.
AUTHORITY & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering or Science Degree.
- GLP1 or equivalent management course.
- Supervisor's well control.
- Advanced drilling industry technical courses.
- Risk management course.
- Audit course.
- 7 plus years drilling and/or completions experience on several different well types
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available