We currently seek a high caliber Senior Coastal Engineer for an assignment on a world class project. Based in Sugar Land, TX, you will be working for one of the world's leading engineering, procurement & construction companies to the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals sector.
Successful candidate will be responsible for supporting marine and coastal engineering projects in a global business unit. Shall be able to apply broad and diversified knowledge of marine engineering principles and practices especially in the project early development phases. Duties will include performing coastal wave and littoral analysis, assisting marine site selection, developing conceptual layouts, defining metocean design criteria, developing dredging plans, performing mooring analysis, designing coastal defense works, and assisting in scope definition and construction cost estimate.
- Masters' degree in coastal engineering from an accredited University, Ph.D. degree preferred but not required.
- Comprehensive design experience in harbor layout, coastal defense, navigation simulation, and dredging design.
- Minimum 7 years of coastal modeling experience in wave study, coastal processes, and mooring analysis. Proficient with commercial software such as CEDAS, MIKE21, Delft3D, and OPTIMOOR.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in navigational waterway design and dredging/ reclamation related permitting and execution issues.
- Familiarity with International codes and standards related to the marine and coastal design.
- Health Insurance/Dental
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly pay/Direct deposit
- Employee assistance
Location type: Office
Background check and drug screen required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
TRS Staffing Solutions, established in 1984, specializes in supplying engineers, designer, project managers, and other technical/professional and administrative personnel throughout its worldwide offices in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Spain and South Africa.
TRS Staffing provides business and project personnel to clients in a broad spectrum of industries worldwide. Some of our key differentiators are: dependability, global sourcing, quality, safety and talent.
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services and programs.