Updated: Jan 10 2013
||Liberal, KS, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
- Assists the Engineer and other operators to ensure that quality, cost effective service is provided to each customer.
- Assist Engineer and co-workers in assembling, preparing, checking and loading of equipment required for a scheduled job.
- Assist Engineer and co-workers in setting up truck, unloading equipment, assembling, preparing tools and rigging-up on location.
- Works rig floor, makes up down hole tools and rigs in and out of the well head under the supervision of the Engineer.
- Operates hoist, performs routine measurement checks, calculations and adjustments to ensure accurate depth measurements.
- Assist the Engineer and co-workers in rigging down, loading of equipment and driving heavy duty truck.
- Clean and check unit, tools and equipment under direct supervision; performs routine maintenance in preparation for next job.
- 24 hour on call, be within 45 minutes of the shop on call basis. Be able to respond to customer assignments on short notice, day or night.
- Safety and Environmental Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties in a safe manner.
- Complies with Company safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state and local safety regulations and procedures.
- Operates Company vehicle in a safe manner, observing all company and governmental regulations.
- Attains and applies comprehensive knowledge of safety regulations and procedures.
- Corrects obvious hazards or unsafe working conditions and reports those that cannot be immediately corrected to the Engineer.
- 1 year wireline operator experience preferred.
- High School Graduate
- Mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be certifiable in all applicable governmental compliance programs.
- Must be able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with hazardous materials certification and be DOT qualifiable, within 90 days.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available