Updated: Dec 6 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary Region, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client, a major oil and gas EPC are looking to recruit a Senior Piping Engineer for their Calgary office on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on a number projects of various sizes.
- Applying extensive and diversified knowledge of piping engineering methodologies and design in project execution and department training;
- Supervising and coordinates a team of junior engineers or designers, as required by Project Scope and Interface with other disciplines during project execution.
- Preparing Project Design Specifications on the basis of local regulations, international codes/good practice and customer requirements;
- Performing Piping Stress calculations, Piping Support sizing and equipment nozzle load verification, as required by project scope;
- Performing and coordinating Piping Routing Studies, Plant Layout Studies, Nozzle/ Platforms Orientation Studies of equipments depending on Project Scope;
- Supporting the Project Engineering Manager during in 3D Model Reviews;
- Preparing MTO and Material Requisitions;
- Coordinating the preparation of piping isometrics and piping layout drawings; and
- Reviews, comments and stamps project deliverables related to his/her discipline.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Associated degree with APEGGA PE License required;
- Additional licensing in other provinces is desirable;
- Must have recent experience in hands-on design, engineering and revamp work;
- Ten to fifteen years experience;
- Proficient with Intergraph PDS, PDMS and Smartplant Review;
- Proficient with CAESAR II;
- Proficient with MS Office Package;
- Proficiency with Microstation and/or Autocad is desirable; and
- Experience with Smartplant Material and good knowledge of metallurgy and material selection process/codes are a plus.
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Reference no: HQ00015110
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Canada, Europe, the Middle East, USA, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.
Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies operating globally, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available