Updated: May 30 2014
||Based on market rates and experience
||Western Canada, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Directional Driller is responsible for directing a well bore along a predetermined trajectory to intersect a designated subsurface target. The Directional Driller managers the driller on the rig floor to guide the bit and bottom hole assembly to a designated target.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor and operate directional drilling equipment at the field site
- Provide advice for well planning
- Provide advice for bit selection and bottom hole assembly composition
- Liaise with customer representative to ensure smooth operations
- Pre/Post job briefing and reporting as required
- Manage affective use of downhole and surface equipment to fully optimize conditions in accordance with well proposal to enhance overall performance
- High School Diploma
- Petroleum technology diploma and/or a degree in a related engineering discipline
- Drivers license, with a clean driving record
- APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN WESTERN CANADA
- Drilling experience is essential
- Experience with multiple software programs including well bore positioning software (Winserve, Pathtracker, XL, Word and Hydraulics programs)
- Experience with basic drilling engineering calculations
- Rotary Steerable experience willl be considered an asset.
- Ability to lift an MWD tool (100lbs)
- Ability to work at night (on call 24hours while on location)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Details oriented
- Strong core values (learning, integrity and teamwork)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available