A global energy leader with an exciting future
Nexen Inc. is an upstream oil and gas company responsibly developing energy resources in some of the world's most significant basins, including the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico and Western Canada. We're strategically focused on three businesses: conventional oil and gas, oil sands, and shale gas.
Nexen is big enough to provide you with boundless career opportunities, and small enough so you get recognized for your work. Our high standards of integrity and governance have earned us a global reputation for valuing the big picture: people, safety and the environment. Your contributions are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package and a healthy work-life balance, and training that will open doors to your future.
Why work for Nexen in the Gulf of Mexico?
Because we're bringing new energy to Houston.
Nexen is one of the top leaseholders in the Gulf and we're moving forward with more exploration and appraisal. On the rigs and in the office, our people work in teams to support each other. Our high standards of integrity and governance have earned us a global reputation for valuing the big picture: people, safety and the environment. Your contributions are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package, a healthy work-life balance and training that will open doors to your future.
Exploration Reservoir Engineer desired with strong reservoir engineering background as part of multi-disciplinary team. Teams consist of reservoir engineer, geologist, geophysicist (EGG team) and requires interaction with drilling, land, appraisal, and development groups.
This position will be based in the Houston, Texas, office; candidates must either reside in Houston or be willing to relocate.
- Provide technical expertise in support of subsurface risk discussions and decisions, estimation of resource potential using both deterministic and probabilistic methods, estimating production rates, prepare conceptual development plans, develop cost estimates, project timing, and perform sensitivity analysis as required;
- Facilitate the prospect maturation cycle from concept through drilling and evaluation;
- Provide engineering input such as bid analysis for lease sales, farm-ins, acquisition projects, commercial evaluations, and equity determination;
- Perform economic analysis to assess opportunities and support annual efforts, including preparation of Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Strategic Plan;
- Participate in reservoir evaluation program and assist in the log analysis, fluid analysis, and core analysis efforts on exploration and appraisal projects;
- Support corporate planning and Global Exploration through preparation of PAF and Board approval documentation;
- Support a strong atmosphere of co-operation through team efforts and interaction with supporting groups and organizations;
- Actively participate in and support special projects, studies, mentoring, training, and personal growth opportunities.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities. May have opportunities to lead subsurface teams consisting of geologists, geophysicists, and other engineers on assigned projects.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years of oil and gas industry experience;
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and be proficient with economic analysis software (such as Aries, Peep, etc.);
- Knowledge of well performance software such as IPM, Perform, or nodal analysis is required;
- Reservoir modeling experience is a plus, but not required;
- Offshore field development planning and/or operations experience is also a plus, but not required.
Nexen Petroleum U.S.A. Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer / Principals Only / No phone calls or emails please.