Updated: Jan 30 2013
||Instrumentation Technologist, Mechanic
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
One of the largest global providers, Weatherford®helps build innovative mechanical solutions, technology applications, and services for all phases of oil and gas developments. Weatherford®operates in over 100 countries and employs more than 40,000 people worldwide.
Progressing Cavity Pump Rotor and Stator manufacturing, a division of Weatherford®, that is located in Edmonton, is looking to fill the following position: Journeyman Millwright (Afternoon 2:30 pm - 10:30 pm)
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the Millwright will generally install, repair and troubleshoot the industrial machinery and mechanical equipment in the production facility.
More specifically the duties and responsibilities are:
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
- Operate rigging, dollies and overhead cranes to move heavy machinery and parts
- Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors and connect couplings and belts within specified tolerances
- Align and test equipment and make adjustments
- Perform predictive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis
- Service and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participates in company safety procedures and programs: corrects unsafe work practices or situations; follows reporting protocols for violations; participates in the Hazard Identification process
- Fully participates in continuous process improvement and cost control, following quality policies and procedures and standards to maintain within company guidelines
- Performs other duties as required, including clean-up duties and the accurate and timely completion of paperwork
- In depth knowledge for various CNC machines to perform mechanical repairs
- Provide detail information for break down, repair activity, and parts used during repair
Minimum Grade XII education; education and experience equivalency considered
Certified Journeyman status in the Province of Alberta
- Physical strength and stamina
- Good co-ordination and manual dexterity
- Able to visualize a layout by looking at plans and blueprints
- Able to trouble-shoot mechanical systems
- Able to keep up-to-date with changing technology, with a focus on learning
- Able to get along with and sometimes supervise the work of others
- Be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours, mainly indoors but possibly outdoors
- Willing to actively participate in the Environmental, Health and Safety programs
- Required to work safely, within standard policies and procedures
- Have excellent communication skills
- Able to work in shift and schedule on calls
Weatherford is a progressive company and committed to quality employee programs.
All employees are required to undergo medical, drug and alcohol testing.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available