Lamons is one of the largest gasket and bolt suppliers in the world, committed to quality and local service. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Lamons is a part of the TriMas Corporation family of companies. Our major manufacturing facilities are in Houston, Texas; Hangzhou, China; Rotterdam, The Netherlands; and Faridabad, India. Lamons has more than twenty-two sales and service facilities located throughout the U.S., Canada, UK, Spain, Singapore and China. In 2012 Lamons added a fastener manufacturing and distribution facility in Sao Palo, Brazil. We also have many licensees and distributors situated throughout the world, which are strategically located to provide customers with the widest selection of gasket materials and fastener stock ready for immediate delivery. Lamons' various locations feature leading technology and state of the art manufacturing facilities capable of producing engineered products to custom specifications serving the refining, chemical, power generation, petrochemical (upstream and downstream), and pulp and paper industries. Lamons is committed to providing an environment which respects and values our cultural strengths and diversity. In an ever-changing global market, we embrace, respect and leverage our differences to foster growth and innovation.
Provides accurate technical and regulatory information to Lamons' customers, Sales staff, and Engineering staff. Develops designs and modifications to designs for specific customer needs. Assists with the training of Lamons employees and customers on the latest products and regulations. Represents Lamons in technical and regulatory organizations of the refining/chemical industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets and works with customers to define Lamons' products, regulatory issues and other technical matters.
- Trains Lamons Sales staff in technical and regulatory matters at national sales meetings, regional sales meetings and other designated places.
- Coordinates the gathering and distribution of information concerning incidents involving Lamons' products.
- Provides assistance in customer warranty claims.
- Provides assistance in Quote Review Meetings as necessary.
- Provides regulatory advice to Lamons' customers, Sales staff and others over a wide range of regulations.
- Operates as a liaison to Purchasing, Engineering, Sales and others on technical and regulatory aspects of Lamons products.
- Attends trade shows to provide direct technical interface with customers and potential customers as requested.
- Coordinates content updates and distribution of the Lamons' Training and Reference Manual.
- Responsible for completing projects on schedule.
- Attends classes and seminars to keep skills current.
- The ability to coordinate multiple projects efficiently and on schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of work groups.
- Ability to effectively represent Lamons to customers, vendors and regulatory organizations.
- Computer skills in word processing.
- Discipline and ability to respond to multiple requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and coordinating skills while serving customers.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and chemical compatibility relating to company products.
- Knowledge of metal working operations such as power presses, welders, benders, deburring and clean-up.
- Basic understanding of industry standards related to piping and pressure vessel specifications.
- Possesses a firm understanding of Engineering concepts relating to this field of work such as fluid mechanics, heat transfer, process chemistry, chemical and physical properties of materials, metallurgical properties, galvanic corrosion, failure analysis, welding and corrosion.
- Ability to develop, review and comment on mechanical calculations and drawings.
- Display competence in technical and office software.
- Proficiency and competence in AutoCAD software.
- Competence in the English language (writing and verbal).
- Patience and skills to work closely with engineers from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and develop technical knowledge and skills.
A Bachelor degree in Engineering. A two-year Engineering degree could be considered with a combination of industry application and engineering work experience.
Minimum of 2 years of equivalent industry experience in a related position working preferably with gaskets, fasteners, piping and/or pressure vessels.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer