Lamons is one of the largest gasket and bolt suppliers in the world, committed to quality and local service. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Lamons is a part of the TriMas Corporation family of companies. Our major manufacturing facilities are in Houston, Texas; Hangzhou, China; Rotterdam, The Netherlands; and Faridabad, India. Lamons has more than twenty-two sales and service facilities located throughout the U.S., Canada, UK, Spain, Singapore and China. In 2012 Lamons added a fastener manufacturing and distribution facility in Sao Palo, Brazil. We also have many licensees and distributors situated throughout the world, which are strategically located to provide customers with the widest selection of gasket materials and fastener stock ready for immediate delivery. Lamons' various locations feature leading technology and state of the art manufacturing facilities capable of producing engineered products to custom specifications serving the refining, chemical, power generation, petrochemical (upstream and downstream), and pulp and paper industries. Lamons is committed to providing an environment which respects and values our cultural strengths and diversity. In an ever-changing global market, we embrace, respect and leverage our differences to foster growth and innovation.
Provides the overall guidance and leadership of the company's quality philosophy, processes and strategic plans. Develop, implement and manage the company's global quality control systems. Reports to the President, and collaborates closely with the department leaders of Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Administration.
- Manage departmental and corporate controlled documents: Facilitate and manage the process for writing, review and maintenance of Quality Management Procedures
- Assist other departments in their development, update and implementation of procedural documents, and systems in compliance with company standards, industry standards and applicable regulatory requirements
- Provide administration and oversight of document management process to ensure appropriate control, identification, and periodic review of company procedural documents
- Coordinate with global Quality Management team members to ensure consistency and compliance with established document management procedures
- Provide local updates to the global Quality Management department leadership
- Manage audit lifecycle activities: Coordinate with the global Quality Management team to define, implement and manage
- Oversees the Master Audit Schedule as required .Conduct and/or manage periodic audits of the company's internal systems, departments, and vendors as needed and dictated by the Master Audit Schedule Conduct and/or manage all assigned Quality Management services (including audits) performed on behalf of Clients
- Facilitate and host all client audits and regulatory inspections including pre-audit activities, corrective action resolution, and audit follow-up Support the management and administration of a Corrective/Preventative Action process for audits of internal systems and departments
- Participate in global, regional and local trending analysis of audit findings with the Quality Management team
- Provide status report and updates to Quality Management and executive leadership of audit activities and status
- Coordinate and track Corrective and Preventative Actions both audit related and process improvement initiated at the local and global level, Provide updates to the global Quality Management department as necessary
- Provide oversight and functional management of assigned QM staff as applicable
- Provide training on QA-related topics, guidelines, and regulatory requirements to employees
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering desired.
- Minimum 7 years related experience required.
- Supervisory/management experience.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection.
- Computer proficiency.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with high performance teams.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available