Job duties and activities include but are not limited to:
- Perform duties as required on drilling rig and/or workover rig floors to ensure the proper recommended running and breakout and laydown procedures are followed during the makeup process.
- Attend and participate in classroom and onthejob training to obtain knowledge and learn technical specifications and performance data of ULTRA Connections.
- Properly identify, maintain and care for the handling equipment associated with ULTRA Connections.
- Properly maintain and service company vehicles assigned for field service duties ensuring the vehicle is in good mechanical condition and stocked with needed supplies.
- Represents the company while interacting with the customer on the phone or while on the rig site or other offsite location.
- Responsible for keeping the client and direct supervisor informed of operations as it relates to the installation of ULTRA connections.
- Responsible for mentoring less experienced Field Service employees.
- Attend safety training certification classes and attend weekly, monthly or ad hoc safety training or meetings
- Follow all safety requirements at all times in all offices, shops, warehouses, as well as on rig or other job locations where field service jobs are performed. Obey all traffic laws while on public or private roads.
- Provide visual inspections on all ULTRA Premium Connections, Handling Equipment and Accessories.
- Provide superior customer service and satisfaction through courteous communication, knowledge, professionalism and work ethic.
- When on a job, responsible for having the correct size, weight, and thread design connection present.
- Ensure that the proper thread compound is applied correctly. May apply directly or supervise the application of the compound by others.
- Have the correct service tools for the job as well as all the equipment needed to complete the job, including all current technical data sheets
- Arrive at job locations on time, check weather and traffic conditions to ensure timely arrival.
- Respond to callouts at any time as needed
- Travel regularly to job locations. Travel may include local, state, national or international travel.
- Perform warehouse duties which may include cleaning, serialization, stenciling, inspection, painting and stocking of handling equipment, rental equipment, accessories and consumables etc, as directed by their supervisor.
- Complete field service work forms or service tickets for each job, complete rental equipment forms, write reports manually or electronically to include photos as needed and submit in a timely manner.
- Research technical data as needed either online or manually to continually improve product knowledge.
- Schedule own travel online as needed for trips.
- Interacts with casing crews, torque turn crews, cleaning crews, rig crews and other service company representatives involved in installation of tubular products on rig locations to educate and demonstrate the proper running procedures for running ULTRA Premium Connections.
- Communicates with "company man" on job locations where the running procedures are not being followed in order to prevent a failure or quality incident.
- Rotates to other regions for a period of time such as 23 weeks (shorter/longer) at a time to perform Field Service work.
- Maintains all receipts and submits a monthly expense report for expenses incurred on company PCard
- Reports all injuries, incidents or problems on job location immediately to supervisor or manager
- Makes onthespot sales as needed for products or services. Completes necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Utilize various measuring tools to include but not limited to thread gauges, micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Conduct a prejob safety meeting with appropriate work crews to discuss safe operating procedures and correct running procedures, document meeting discussion and attendance.
- Supervise the use and care of all ULTRA running tools while on the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient math skills, including but not limited to knowledge of fractions and decimals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to include legible hand writing.
- Ability to learn and retain technical knowledge and procedures
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to obtain passport and TWIC Card
- Ability to pass water survival certification, H2S certification and Safety Council
- Ability to work days or nights, workdays or weekends including holidays and respond to callouts (on call 24/7)
- Ability to respond to a job on short notice
- University/College Courses or Degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Previous oilfield or manufacturing experience
- Thread knowledge
Work Environment Factors:
This position is exposed to the following work environment factors and must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand for extended periods of time, kneel, crouch, stoop, bend, crawl, climb stairs, heavy lifting. Load, unload, install connections, handling equipment and accessories. Use hands to handle, grasp, hold equipment
- Drive company vehicle for extended hours to job locations. Maintain an acceptable driving record and valid driver's license in the state of residence at all times while in this position.
- Travel by multiple or any means necessary to reach job locations, this may include but not limited to airplane, boat, car, train, jet, propeller jet, helicopter, or any other means necessary.
- Ability to pass hair follicle and urine drug test and subject to random drug testing upon employment at any time. Drug testing may be required by TMK IPSCO as well as customer sites.
- Ability to work in hot or cold climate or in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to sleep in various dormitory conditions to include hotels, apartments, travel trailers, up to and including company vehicles.