Updated: Dec 12 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Billings, MT, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Prepares detailed drawings/models of unusual, complex or original design for a complete phase of a project requiring the application of theoretical and practical design knowledge.
- Checks work assigned to lower-level CAD Technicians and Designers for technical quality, accuracy and compliance with customer, Company and discipline standards.
- May lead a small project or a phase of a large project performing project discipline administrative tasks including: developing and monitoring manpower and schedule requirements, establishing discipline design requirements, maintaining design and drafting data, and preparing work share packages. Ensures project discipline deliverables for technical quality, accuracy and compliance with Company standards.
- Prepares design sketches utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge for drawing/model preparation by lower-level Designers or CAD Technicians.Reviews and resolves 3D model interferences/clashes.
- Participates in the training and mentoring of new CAD Technicians and Designers. Provides input to performance appraisals of lower-level personnel assigned to project.
- Supports field assignments as required.
- Typically eight years progressively responsible discipline related design experience; AA degree or completion of technical courses with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Senior level design position perform difficult and complex work assignments involving independent judgment to determine a course of action consistent with established functional and organization's policies and goals. Ability to lead and/or train lesser seasoned individuals. Familiar with basic engineering and/or design/drafting concepts. Has general understanding of other disciplines' roles in the design process. Able to complete tasks in accordance with project procedures and appliable codes and/or standards. Able to discuss routine technical problems and communicate effectively with immediate supervisor and other project personnel.
- Able to utilize advanced PC, 2D CAD, and 3D CAD tools (if applicable), and other applicable hardware and software to perform duties. Proficient in design and able to utilize design tools effectively as well as provide training and conduct simple checking as needed. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities important. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to guide department personnel in partnership with and during manager's absence is essential. Ability to maintain confidential information critical.
- Generally characterized as a "Senior", with the ability to conceptually interpret and guide the department program design and development. Able to lead and/or train project teams. Performs difficult drafting/design and/or technical support assignments, requiring the application of advanced drafting and fundamental design techniques, and engineering and mathematical principles, in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and middle and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
- General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
- Willingness to travel or to accept field assignments preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- For CSA positions - Capability to perform field surveys and utilize survey equipment and transform data into CAD.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available