Germanisher Lloyd SE
Updated: Dec 11 2012
||Business Development, Sales and Marketing, Technical Sales
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Germanisher Lloyd (GL)-Maritime Service offers traditional classification services as well as expert advice, consultancy, advanced engineering, certification, training and software solutions. GL maritime experts are advisors to governments, IMO, flag states and port states. GL belongs to the top five classification societies. GL is dedicated to ensuring the safety of life and property at sea, and the prevention of pollution of the marine environment. As an independent third party, GL develops state of the art rules, procedures and guidance for ship owners, ship yards and the maritime supply industry in order to offer commercially sound answers in times of economic challenges and tight regulatory regimes.
GL is currently looking to fill the role of Business Development Manager - Maritime - Seattle / Vancouver
The Business Development Manager role will generate leads and close sales deals through developing existing and new business relationships within the global client organization. Instrumental in establishing our approach to market and will need to gain a full understanding of our core technical assurance offerings. The role will work closely with delivery Managers and Consultants within the businesses to provide the necessary linkage between customer requirements and service offerings.
- Take on customer responsibility for our existing and potential key customers in the Middle East and Africa, realizing the sales principle ''one face to the customer''
- Pro-actively identify and approach new customers and business opportunities
- Identify and analyze customer needs and initialize solutions to ensure delivery of customer focused high-quality marine services
- Boost business and market development by supporting regional and global strategies through developing, adjusting and successfully implementing sales and market concepts
- Represent Germanischer Lloyd at regional and international exhibitions, conferences and customer events
- Initiate and coordinate meetings and events related to business promotion
- Closely cooperate with area management and Germanischer Lloyd Business Development and marketing organization as well as assigned technical experts from head office in Hamburg, Germany
- Reporting to Area Sales Manager - Americas
- Have demonstrable success based on selling high value consultancy services, design services and solutions.
- Be able to motivate, manage and develop a multi-disciplinary team, integrating sales and technical staff. Set and achieve targets and define objectives.
- Involve and influence business strategy and product development teams.
- Possess strong sales and negotiating skills and be able to identify and determine principles of agreement, applying sound commercial acumen.
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets ideally including successful direct sales experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tenacious and able to communicate convincingly and with authority
- Personal impact and strong presentation skills
- Team worker who is self-motivated & confident
- Willingness to travel
Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications Required
- Proven market knowledge of the North America-West Coast Maritime Industry
- Self-driven with the ability to work autonomously
- A University degree in ship technology with experience in the maritime field and experience in sales and/or a degree in Business Administration
- Work experience in the areas of sales management in the maritime industry
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and CRM tools
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal and strategic sales communication skills and confident manner towards customers
- Experience in project work/management
- Ability to perform
- High-pressure duties
- High level of self-motivation and personal responsibility
GL is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available