GL Noble Denton
Updated: Dec 11 2012
||Accounting or Finance, Planner / Scheduler
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
GL Noble Denton offers world-class services enhancing the safety, integrity, reliability and performance of our clients' assets in the oil & gas industry. We develop and deliver innovative solutions throughout the asset lifecycle from conceptual design to asset decommissioning; provide a challenging, diverse and rewarding environment for our employees. To support our ambitious growth plans we seek the talented individuals who share our determination to be the very best.
GL Noble Denton is currently seeking to fill the role of Finance Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Senior Manager.
The FP&A Senior Manager will report to the Americas Region Finance Director. The FP&A Senior Manager will lead a team of financial analysts whose primary purpose is to work with senior management in Region to improve the growth and profit performance of the Americas business.
Summary of role:
The FP&A Senior Manager will possess strong commercial analytical skills supported by a sound financial tool kit that can focus on financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting. Viable candidates will have a reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment; be totally comfortable working in a team environment; and possess the creativity, financial expertise, and commitment to successfully lead an FP&A function. This role will need to be a strong communicator across all hierarchy chains within the organization and also be able to present financial and operational analysis to senior management.
The FP&A Senior Manager will provide commercial and financial analysis to the business leaders within the Americas Region. This individual will be responsible for commercial and financial planning and analysis; control over management reporting; project costing and pricing work; business performance analysis and control of the KPI reporting; initiation of corrective action strategies, implementation and diagnosis of forecast outcomes. This individual will also need to be able to data mine, learn systems, and create processes and reports where none existed previously. The FP&A Senior Manager will work closely with the Accounting Team to understand monthly and quarterly results.
- In achieving success the FP&A Senior Manager will:
- Ensure that the Senior Management understands GL process, methods and terminology; and that financial reporting is consistent with Group procedures.
- Bring clear focus to performance management and corrective action.
- Will provide leadership in developing a performance culture by ensuring clarity of targets, actual performance, forecasts, and KPI's.
- Ensure clarity of performance and margin contribution of the business line and service line view of the business.
- Develop effective project profitability control and reporting.
- Ensure that under performance is quickly identified, analysis undertaken and diagnosis and corrective action taken, and progress closely monitored.
- Ensure that sound procedures are in place for bidding; costing and pricing.
- Control the Strategic Planning Process and Annual Planning.
- Lead and supervise the FP&A analysis team ensuring provision of high quality outputs.
Technical / Professional Expertise Required
- B.B.A Finance or Accounting
- Prior Financial Reporting/Budgeting & Forecasting experience
- Prior experience in a global business.
- Financial Modelling
- Should ideally have worked at a senior level ideally within a global service/technical consultancy organisation.
- Demonstrable strong financial management and commercial experience and track record of supporting business growth
- Proven ability to manage within matrix structures.
- A strong team player and leader, capable and confident, with challenging others.
- Capable of building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- The ability to interrogate and challenge results.
- Ability to enhance business performance by challenging and identifying/delivering operational/commercial improvement.
- Ability to deal pragmatically with ambiguity.
- Strong communicator across a global organization
GL Noble Denton is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available