Updated: Dec 4 2012
||CAD/CAM, Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
||Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
||Calgary Region, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Opportunity for an Intermediate/Senior Intergraph SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL) Administrator to join an independent E&I Engineering company based in Calgary on a permanent basis.
The company has built a solid reputation in Calgary for offering a reliable and reputable service to both national and international operators with interests in the Alberta Oil sands. Due to the high demand of these projects, the company is growing rapidly and intends to expand the number of employees from its current staffing levels of 50 to 150 over the next three years, to cover the current levels of demand and the future growth of the business.
For the right candidate our client will offer; a permanent position with a relocation package, competitive salary, inclusive of medical benefits and pension contributions, combined within a dynamic work environment where highly motivated individuals are recognized and rewarded.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the implementation of SPEL, develop and maintain the tool for the various owner operators
- The creation, continuous improvement, support and administration of the SPEL templates, reports, symbols and blocks, and data dictionary, creation of appropriate documentation to support the use of the application.
- Implementation and usage of SmartPlant Electrical application, the implementation and support of the standards within the SPEL application
- Managing the standards, processes and documentation required to ensure the currency, quality, integrity, security and availability of electrical engineering data
- Creation, continuous improvement and administration of the SPEL templates, reports and data dictionary customization, maintain accurate reference data, based on Client standards and Canadian Electrical Code
- First line of support for connectivity, database, and administration tools related to SPEL
- Assist in interface investigation and development between SPEL and SPI
- The analysis of software deficiencies, or identified required improvements escalation of such issues as required with the software manufacturer, and the implementation of provided solutions
- Guidance and direction to EPC administrators on SPEL environment administration and management, modelling requirements/processes and coordination
- Development of SPEL execution work procedures
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7+ years experience as an Industry recognized application specialist with SmartPlant Electrical
- Support (SPEL) project execution proficiency in Oil/Gas or PetroChemical related technical experience
- Engineering Design Systems environment analysis, development or handover expertise at a technical level
- Technical understanding of IT infrastructure requirements related to SmartPlant tools
- LiveLink experience and Visual Basic programming
Ref No: HQ00017329
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available