Updated: Dec 21 2012
||Field Service Tech
||Broussard, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Direct, supervise, and perform operation of Rig Systems equipment in addition to supervising and coordinating well site tubular running procedures related to use of this equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with the customer representative and Rig Manger to coordinate operation procedures related to Rig Systems equipment on assigned rig.
- Assist with making operational decisions related to Rig Systems equipment.
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis for all tubular handling operations for assigned rig.
- Maintain, operate, conduct a hazard assessment, and research inventory levels of Rig Systems equipment for assigned rig.
- Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 1-3 years experience
- Fundamental knowledge of hydraulics, electronics, and computers
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of rig operations
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and / or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available