Updated: Dec 10 2012
||Environmental Engineer, Regulatory Compliance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Reporting to Manager, Environment Planning & Permitting, this position is responsible for the environmental planning and permitting activities associated with the development, maintenance and acquisition of pipe projects throughout the United States.
Key roles will include developing and executing permitting strategies; directing and overseeing technical consultants; providing support and technical advice to senior planners, project managers, and project team members; and ensuring that projects are planned, developed and constructed within corporate environmental policies and asset management objectives. This position will work extensively with external groups including regulatory agencies, Native American peoples, communities and landowners, as well as internal multidisciplinary project teams.
*This role is eligible for domestic relocation;
*This role is not eligible for international relocation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides environmental and regulatory knowledge to development, acquisition and construction project teams throughout all pipeline and energy project phases including prospecting, proposal, definition, and implementation;
- Provides direction to external contractors and business partners to ensure overall corporate and project objectives are met;
- Represents company projects to regulators, industry groups, environmental groups, landowners, Native American peoples and the public;
- Champions HS&E Commitment and underlying principles throughout the organization;
- Collaborates with key internal groups responsible for land, community relations, Aboriginal relations, regulatory, legal, and safety to identify and resolve issues, execute project execution plans and schedules, and support the integration of environment appropriately into project planning;
- Develops strategies for obtaining environmental regulatory authorizations and for responding to public, regulatory and legislative scrutiny of project environmental issues;
- Develops and implements negotiating strategies to influence regulatory initiatives and industry standards;
- Provides project management for permitting and compliance work to projects, including strategies, execution plans, budgeting and scheduling;
- Maintains overview of broad project objectives and direction and reassesses and charts new courses as necessary;
- Recruits and manages consultants; prepares Request for Proposals and evaluates bids; negotiates consultants' work scope, budget and schedule; provides ongoing management of consultants' work;
- Makes presentations at meetings/conferences and prepares written correspondence;
- Identifies and resolves environmental legal or process issues (e.g. environmental legal challenges); and
- Manages numerous complex projects simultaneously with tight and conflicting deadlines.
Qualifications and Education
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental laws/regulations practices pertaining to pipeline development and other energy project development;
- Commitment to client service and support;
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing environmental planning and permitting for pipelines and other energy projects, including routing/siting, environmental planning, project management, permitting and environmental compliance;
- Experience working with Native American communities and nongovernmental organizations; and
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental sciences, geography, public policy or related fields.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by December 3, 2012. Only applications submitted through the
TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available