Updated: Dec 13 2012
||Production Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, Production, Oil and Gas, completion, workover, recovery, water flood, surveillance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||90 to 160k, bonus, 9/80 work schedule, 401k matching, 4 weeks vacation plus holidays, relocation help
||Los Angeles,, CA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Production Engineer We are looking for a Production Engineer for one of the top oil producers in California. The Production Engineer is responsible for optimizing the performance of a water flood recovery project through well and pattern surveillance. This is a fulltime position with a major operator in California. Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Well and pattern level surveillance.
- Execution of the voidage management strategy through surveillance and optimization of water flood injector performance.
- Enabling the delivery of area production targets through surveillance and optimization of areal and vertical sweep.
- Ensuring optimum injection/production interaction by leading the evaluation of the recovery process at the pattern level.
- Participation with the Recovery Process Evaluation (Reservoir) team with replacement and development drilling project preparation.
- Providing technical support to various Operations process teams.
Critical Skills/Knowledge: Desired skills and competencies for the position include:
- Strong Production Engineering skill set with a solid understanding of the well outflow system.
- Strong operational acumen with an understanding of producing operation practices.
- Working knowledge of well drilling, completion, and workover processes and techniques. Able to prepare well completion, workover, and maintenance procedures.
- Familiar with well and reservoir surveillance. Able to recognize performance deficiencies and develop solutions to mitigate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to interact with a high performing multi-disciplinary engineering / operations team.
Experience/Business Accomplishments Required for this Position: The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor of Science or higher engineering degree with preference given to mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or petroleum engineering graduates.
- Previous experience in either production or reservoir engineering.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available