Updated: Dec 3 2012
||Planner / Scheduler
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Req ID 8404
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Functional Maintenance Planner is an onshore position which performs a critical role in the Activity Planning process. The primary role is to plan all work orders by working with the Maintenance Specialist and Engineers to analyze the basic job steps, determine their relative sequence in the overall job, and identifying parts, materials, tools, competencies, and personnel requirements for each step in the process. This will ensure the timely execution of preventive and breakdown maintenance and will include Campaign Maintenance activities. The Planner must exhibit good communication skills in order to work with the Planning, Operations, Maintenance, Marine, and Engineering team members.
- Ensure safe, reliable and compliant operations in Area by driving the implementation of Activity Planning
- Accountable to create/update Job Plans in Maximo (based on input from Specialist /Engineers) to include man-hour estimates, proper crafts, tasks, materials, tools, work history with a focus on minimizing risk impacts through good planning supported by monitoring KPIs and informing Area leadership team, Activity Planning Team Lead and Function Team Lead of proposed improvement actions
- Ensure generic Campaign Maintenance Job Plans are suitable for the function, suggest changes if necessary with Reliability & Maintenance team or functional authorities
- Consults with Safety, Regulatory, or Engineering, as required, in the event that specialized advice is needed; receives necessary approvals for the work
- Accountable to ensure consistent and adequate data entry in work order fields including part numbers for materials.
- Acts as onshore point of contact for all Activity Planning related issues and as Maximo super user providing coaching in its use. Review and provide input to Work Packages including: HSSE concerns, Permits (PTW/ISSOW), Procedures, drawings, technical specifications, or specialized equipment
- Works closely with Activity Planning Team, Functional SPA's and offshore personnel to look for nesting opportunities for work, opportunities during plant conditions and consideration of SIMOPs
- Meetings: Area 6/12 week meetings, Scheduling Meetings, Backlog Review Meetings
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the oil and gas industry
- Strong understanding of Preventative Maintenance and compliance activities related to mechanical integrity.
- Experience in preparing job and work plans including scope, skills identification, time, cost estimates, resource availability, and operational coordination
- MAXIMO ASSET MANAGEMENT software experience required, 5 years minimum
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available