Updated: Dec 3 2012
||Design Engineer, PDMS Administrator Coordinator
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
80298 - PDMS Administrator Coordinator
Our client delivers engineering, procurement and construction management services to the Oil & Gas industry. Employing over 28,000 personnel throughout over 100 offices worldwide, they strive to be the preferred global provider of technical, project and operational services.
They are currently recruiting for the position of PDMS Administrator Coordinator, based in Houston.
- Develop Project PDMS Execution Plans
- Follow established PDMS standards
- Setup the PDMS and related systems
- Coordinate Support Teams (EDMS, SPI, etc.)
- Maintain the PDMS project
- Provide direction and support to designers
- Facilitate Design Reviews
- Provide ad hoc reports from PDMS or related databases
- Troubleshoots the most complex and difficult system problems. Identifies and analyses problem areas; develops alternate solutions for resolution; selects and implements most efficient and economical correction
- Develops staffing schedules to ensure the most advantageous utilisation of available equipment. Assists in developing plans for hardware and/or software purchases
- Coordinate Engineering Design Systems support teams
- Oversees the development of new software and the support of existing software
- Responds to the CAD operators for new systems to meet current and future needs
- Keeps abreast of new and developing technologies and how they might be adapted for use within the Company. Coordinates installation of new systems with user schedules
- Oversees and provides technical support for customised tools, utilities and scripts to automate work processes and improve CAD productivity and efficiency; oversees and participates in performing daily maintenance on CAD databases, including researching and reconciling inconsistencies and variations in data
- Analyses and evaluates processes for utilising computer-aided design and drafting software, database information systems and other related software and hardware to support engineering processes, analyses and reporting capabilities
- Trains new users and provides refresher courses for more experienced CAD operators
- Assists in guiding lower level CAD Analysts within the unit. May assist in establishing budgets for hardware lease/purchase
- May monitor expenditures and report status of the budget to management on a regular basis
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in related field or applicable discipline, or equivalent or relevant experience
- Extensive experience in field; considerable supervisory and/or management experience
- Manages work directly and indirectly through Managers or Professionals leading others
- The ability to effectively communicate and present complex program proposals and reports to senior level management is critical
- Ability to persuade and influence others is critical
- Participative management style with a cooperative team approach
- Proven leadership skills in multi-cultural and possibly multi-national environments
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Manages lower level managers or supervisors or professionals leading others
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 80298.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available