Updated: Dec 21 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Thibodaux, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Manage a team to Support R&D engineering with new product development.
Manage a team to support field operations
Manage the generation and maintenance of standard work instructions for WCP and communicate these procedures to the regions to ensure standard implementation throughout the field locations.
Take a leadership role to ensure an effective organizational approach to quality, health, safety and the environment across all the product line activities
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Highlight technology development strategies based on market intelligence
* Establish design scope and economic thresholds for market viability
* Work with R&D to establish schedule and prepare commercialization plan
* Establish standard operating procedures and repair & maintenance guidelines
* Coordinate with product development in the management of technology roadmap
* Generation and Maintenance of standard operating procedures for the service line. These operating procedures are to be communicated to the regions to ensure standard implementation throughout the field locations. Support and monitoring of these procedures should be conducted in every product line management field visit. These SOPs will form the foundation of technical training programs and will be periodically re-assessed to ensure a continual environment of improvement is not only fostered but regulated
* Take a leadership role to ensure an effective organizational approach to quality, health, safety and the environment across all the product line activities
* Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level
* Set goals on the above tasks with measurements that are to be updated on a monthly basis
* Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Required to able to adapt and grasp new ideas, master new work, remember instructions, and adjust to job dynamics.
- Required to have the initiative to be constructive, accept responsibility, and work with little supervision.
- Required to have communication skills needed for maintaining key work relationships. This includes work relationships with peers, teammates, and supervisors.
- Required to be dependable, and available to work extra hours when required.
- Required to focus on tasks and deadlines as well as produce high quality work.
- Requires advanced computer knowledge - advanced knowledge of database programming. Advanced knowledge in Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of liner systems equipment and applications.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Liner Systems
- Minimum 5 years experience in Management
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to work and manage in a team environment
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Petroleum engineering
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available