Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Updated: Dec 3 2012
||The Woodlands, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position is for a Sr Petrophysicist in the Petrophysical Techology group located in The Woodlands, TX office. This position participates in the planning and execution of formation evaluation programs to optimize project team objectives, particularly as a member of integrated project teams.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a petrophysical software package a must and knowledge of Interactive Petrophysics software package is a big plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to successfully interact with representatives of other departments, vendors, partner companies, foreign governments, and work well in integrated teams.
- Experience in reservoir characterization in deepwater basins is highly desired.
- Good database and data management skills also desirable.
- Provide comprehensive formation evaluation program recommendations for proposed well locations.
- Define, plan, execute and evaluate core programs and interface with coring vendors.
- Perform operational petrophysical support for all drilling wells in area of responsibility.
- Apply petrophysical interpretation techniques using state-of-the-art technology.
- Utilize computer based interpretation in a petrophysical software package.
- Work in the GOM & International Petrophysics team supporting both exploration & development teams.
- Interface with asset/exploration team and Petrophysics department to maximize knowledge and technology transfer.
- Undertake petrophysical regional studies to support exploration and development teams in their efforts to evaluate new basins/plays and improve reservoir characterization of strategic assets.
- Interface with service companies as part of providing petrophysical support for region.
- Keep up with current and leading logging (wireline and LWD) technologies and their applications.
- Keep abreast of new interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
Masters or PhD in Geoscience required.
This position is eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 20%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
See Job Description
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available