This position acquires, analyzes, interprets, documents and presents field wide geochemical monitoring data for fields with active production and injection wells. Position also applies geo-scientific knowledge to address operational problems such as corrosion, non-condensable gas handling, injection breakthrough, wellbore deformation, and geotechnical concerns. Identifies drilling targets and remedial well programs needed to support reservoir management priorities established by the group, and applies geo-scientific knowledge to help achieve drilling goals in a cost-effective manner. Performs geologic studies to improve reservoir characterization and field development efforts. Position communicates and integrates analysis and recommendations with conclusions made by associated multidisciplinary team.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have analytical and communication skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Minimum of 2 years
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct geological interpretation of active drilling sites.
- Create subsurface maps; develop seismic interpretations, and formation evaluations.
- Interpret and analyze well logs and prepare structure, isopach and netpay maps.
- Prepare and analyze geologic cross-sections.
- Plan development wells and support the geo-steering of horizontal wells.
- Utilize geological workstations to interpret new development and exploration opportunities.
- Perform geologic studies to improve reservoir characterization and field development.
- Construct geological models by using maps and sections across a diverse set of software platforms.
- Prepare reservoir property maps for use in reservoir modeling, simulations and reserves and economics.
- Develop geo programs and implements processes to increase effectiveness of current E&P operations.
- Provide support and consultation to multidisciplinary teams involved in evaluation of well locations.
- Advise team in application of technical analysis to existing and potential well locations.
- Ensure interdisciplinary communication between geology team and other petrotechnical functions.
- Identify critical issues and introduce/communicate new concepts.
- Cooperate and work closely with multidisciplinary exploration and execution team.
- Analyze multi-dimensional models from geological, petrophysical and geophysical teams.
- Develop growth strategies with multidisciplinary team to boost forward looking growth.
- Assist with commercial analysis of opportunities; ensures decision is in line with business pursuits.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Candidate will possess a Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree or PhD in Geology or Geophysics or other related area.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Certifications / Licenses
No certifications or licenses are required for this position.
This position is not eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
See Job Description
Employment Type: PERMANENT